5 minutes ago, shanky said:

Apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge regarding the local NASCAR scene but is Nashville Superspeedway the track out in Lebanon or the one at the fairgrounds?  Does the track in Lebanon still exist?

Superspeedway  - Lebanon

Fairgrounds Speedway - Nashville (TN Fairgrounds)

The SSW reportedly will host a NASCAR race in June of this year. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 5:33 PM, Bos2Nash said:

Tony Stewart's SRX Superstar Racing experience will hold their season finale race at the Fairgrounds on July 17th this year.

Wow, hadn't heard that news until now. That's a really nice fit for the fairgrounds track and hopefully leads to even bigger things. Here's their site: https://www.srxracing.com/

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's the new "premium" seating in the north end zone underway.  I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't close the bowl with an amenities deck area. After all, the more concessions they can sell to other SEC fans, the more ready they'll be to replace those shower heads in the locker rooms. 

• Like 2

Part of the $300 million facility upgrade announcement last week will be Premium Seating in the North End Zone of Dudley Field.

It will feature private seating options and offer in-seat food and beverage options, power outlets and chair-back seats. Each loge box will come with four seats, two parking spots, food and beverage deliveries to seats and complimentary water.

San Francisco-based Gensler is the architect.

More here:

https://vucommodores.com/north-end-zone-renovation-underway/

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/vanderbilt-football/article/21147157/vanderbilt-football-stadium-renovations-to-start-soon

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 2.23.55 PM.png

• Like 4

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

So…no upgrades to the rest of the stadium, but they’re going to build what looks like a cheap “premium seating” area in the end zone to bring in bigger bucks?  That looks like something you can roll in and out before and after each game.

No this is just one phase, from my understanding. The rest of the stadium is getting upgrades, too. 

I also believe I read that this north end zone might have a hotel component, which may be the reason for the blank space in the area to the left in the rendering. 

• Like 2

I don't exactly remember where I got this, maybe a Vandy publication, but it outlines what they want to do.

Football Operations Center
This facility will house team-specific needs, such as meeting rooms, offices, training room, expanded locker room and more.

Expanded McGugin Center
The renovation will benefit all teams and include a new Sports Performance Center.

Indoor Football Practice Facility
This will include a full-length practice field adjacent to outdoor practice fields.

Basketball Operations Center
This facility will include team-specific needs for men’s and women’s basketball, including dedicated practice courts, a weight room, locker rooms, offices and more.

Upgraded Stadium Fan Experience
Improvements will include premium seating options, hospitality space, upgraded food and beverage options and other fan amenities.

Also, I remember them saying they could have gotten the entire amount from a few donors, but wanted alumni and others to have a 'buy in' on this effort. The $300m being spent on these particular facilities should upgrade the program to SEC standards, except for the stadium, of course. The basketball arena is passible and the baseball stadium is among the best, just not very big. I suppose the stadium upgrades will be the next big thing.

Football Operations Center
This facility will house team-specific needs, such as meeting rooms, offices, training room, expanded locker room and more.

Some talk has been that this facility will be connected to the North End Zone due to space limitations on campus with the dual benefit of direct access to Dudley Field.  Talk as well that Memorial Gym will get air conditioning.

11 minutes ago, FrankNash said:

Over at the Tennessean sport section they have a collection of 115 photos of the Fairgrounds Speedway from back in the day.  I don't even like racing but wow what a collection of photos.  

Praying it’s brought back to its glory and not at the expense of the residents 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, markhollin said:

Part of the $300 million facility upgrade announcement last week will be Premium Seating in the North End Zone of Dudley Field.

It will feature private seating options and offer in-seat food and beverage options, power outlets and chair-back seats. Each loge box will come with four seats, two parking spots, food and beverage deliveries to seats and complimentary water.

San Francisco-based Gensler is the architect.

More here:

https://vucommodores.com/north-end-zone-renovation-underway/

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/vanderbilt-football/article/21147157/vanderbilt-football-stadium-renovations-to-start-soon

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 2.23.55 PM.png

I was in Clemson over the weekend and visited their football stadium on Saturday.   They recently upgraded their west side end zone seating and club level.   If Vanderbilt could do something similar to this.........Arkansas, Ole Miss and Southern Miss have upgraded their end zone seating in similar fashion in recent years and has made their stadiums much nicer.     

Clemson5.jpg

• Like 3