Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carolinaboy

Question for The ATX

2 posts in this topic

I love the updates you post. Thanks!

I notice a significant amount of high tension power lines throughout downtown. Is there any plan to reduce or remove those poles and lines? Just curious.

1 person likes this

Most of the power lines seen in the photos I post are due to the location of a transformer station in the middle of the Seaholm-Greenwater development site.  Seaholm was a power plant and Greenwater was a water treatment plant just outside of the traditional downtown boundaries.  The city decommissioned the two plants and sold the land for development.  But the transformer station remained.  I believe there are long term plans to move it, but that won't happen anytime soon.  

Twelve towers have or are being built around this area since the plants were decommissioned, so a large amount of my construction photos show the power lines just because they were all taken in the same area.  The city is making an effort to hide/soften the view of  the transformer station from pedestrians with colorful fencing and a sculpture garden.  Some of that fencing can be seen at the bottom right in this webcam photo of the Independent construction site.

Eh3GiDU.jpg 

Webcam

1 person likes this