Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

22 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Is the Westin VB better or worse than the look of Westin Nashville?

It’s the best looking big boy in Virginia Beach. (Also the ONLY big boy in V. B.) Looks okay, if remarkably out of place. My complaint about my stay was that the building’s hotel room floors looked rather poorly maintained for a nicer hotel brand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westin_Virginia_Beach_Town_Center

2CBE386F-DF9C-462E-97F4-139A42F5AE00.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ArmadaHoffler jointly developed this building in downtown Durham NC with a local developer. They were brought in for their high rise experience.  This is one of the best new office towers in the Raleigh Durham area.  Mixed use 27 story building retail ground floor, 4 floors of office space and the rest apartments topped by condos.  Couple of photos I took recently.

Now was this more of the local developers design wishes or AH but it is definitely better looking than the Westin in Va Beach.

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_9697.JPG

IMG_9700.JPG

• Like 4

14 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

It’s the best looking big boy in Virginia Beach. (Also the ONLY big boy in V. B.) Looks okay, if remarkably out of place. My complaint about my stay was that the building’s hotel room floors looked rather poorly maintained for a nicer hotel brand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westin_Virginia_Beach_Town_Center

2CBE386F-DF9C-462E-97F4-139A42F5AE00.jpeg

Looks better than ours (nashville's).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Philip said:

Looks better than ours (nashville's).

I disagree.  Ours looks like a poorly designed skyscraper.  The VA Beach one, in my opinion, looks like if someone tried to recreate an already poorly designed skyscraper out of Lincoln Logs. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I disagree.  Ours looks like a poorly designed skyscraper.  The VA Beach one, in my opinion, looks like if someone tried to recreate an already poorly designed skyscraper out of Lincoln Logs. 

I wish someone would build something like that! Honestly though, they both look bad; it's a tough call. I just prefer VB's because it's less "glass tower" looking.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Philip said:

I wish someone would build something like that! Honestly though, they both look bad; it's a tough call. I just prefer VB's because it's less "glass tower" looking.

VBs looks better from a distance, but once you get up close the parking garage pedestal is just strange looking.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Square footage of office space will now be 450,000 (down 25,000), and retail will now be 19,000 sq. ft. (as opposed to the original 25 K).  No word about the reduction size on the massive garage, which was originally slated for 1,900 spaces. 

This will still be a very handsome and prominent part of the skyline in this portion of SoBro.

• Like 3