Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

Probably right. I think they went as big as they could for the financing they could get. They're probably eager to dive in... changing plans would throw off their schedule. I'd expect their numbers look very good with less s.f. to lease and already a chunk of it committed. 

Slim chance, but if they were to get a bank to float additional financing plus a commitment to space, they might restore the original building. That's a big "If" but I understand First Bank is looking around for a signature tower they could put their name on. FirstBank has become a $6 billion bank in the past 18 months. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dale said:

I will say this is my favorite Nashville proposal. Based on the renderings, just an exquisite design.

Skidmore, Owings and Merrill Architects know how to design office buildings. And even the current Snodgrass building was well done back in the late 60's. It dominated the skyline with the height and all that beautiful marble cladding.

Now if we can get the 38 story Buckingham apartment in The Gulch  going , we will have a nice stock of SOM buildings.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Baker Donelson scraps plan to move into One KVB.  Brigid Carpenter, managing shareholder at Baker Donelson's Nashville office, confirmed Dec. 20 that the law firm has reopened its search for new office space. She declined further comment.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/12/20/exclusive-law-firm-scraps-move-to-proposed.html

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Dead, Dead, Dead!

Not an office developer.

Cut back on the number of floors.

Lost their main tenant.

Probably told them there was going to be another delay and they said no way Jose. Eakin on Rolling Mill Hill is my guess.

April 27 is when it was public knowledge and now it is 8 months later with NO movement. The height / floor reduction was obviously their last ditch effort to save this project. And I privately have always speculated that they lost Asurion to Highwoods, first. Baker Donelson didn't wait as long as HCA/Palmer - good for them!

I don't recall how much time they have on their current lease, but I would predict Capitol View if moving is urgent. Otherwise, 1221 Demonbreun or Peabody Plaza. They want out of lower Broad

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting update on this one-leads me believe it is still a go.

Had financing locked early on but wanted better terms....let it lapse and now have REIT financing with unfavorable terms...could explain cutting the height 

Also, and this is why Baker Donelson bolted.....they are adding apartments to the building

• 5 weeks later...

This is Trellised in Monterrey, Mexico. It's on a site very much shaped like the KVB site. Interesting to see something quite different from KVB proposal, but similar in many ways. Folks here have been critical (and I agree with much of it) of the exposed garages. I think this looks a bit junky. But it does have the greenery growing on top of the setbacks. 

Related image

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

This is Trellised in Monterrey, Mexico. It's on a site very much shaped like the KVB site. Interesting to see something quite different from KVB proposal, but similar in many ways. Folks here have been critical (and I agree with much of it) of the exposed garages. I think this looks a bit junky. But it does have the greenery growing on top of the setbacks. 

Related image

Hopefully they have similar smog that Mexico City has to cover that monstrosity up...

• 1 year later...