markhollin

One KVB Circle, 30 stories, 475,000 sq. ft. office tower, 25,000 sq. ft. retail, 1,200 car garage, SE corner of KVB and Lafayette in SoBro

Great news!  And with the shape of the lot, it is more or less assured NOT to be a box!  Hooray!!  

Random question...is anything being done with that little 7th Ave. nub or is it disappearing with the construction of this tower?

• Like 1

Well, remember one of our very own owns the property on that nub.  and he has said at a meet that the city cant remove the street because his site must have access.

• Like 1

It's almost hard to imagine that that nub (or stub) is a vestige of what used to be decent corridor for negotiating from Charlotte to LaFayette, not that many years ago.  It was the road less traveled, and it would beat ever other parallel north-south path on that side of the CBD.
-=:(=-

• Like 1

I always wondered why that whole area (between 8th ave s and KVB) is just full of 1 story paintshops, hardware stores, etc. Glad to see something substantial being put up there

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nashtitans said:

You know MDHA sweating their ass off right now.

MDHA: "We're gonna need you to make that a little more boxy."

• Like 3

Some shots I took last year of the lot.

Looking east along KVB from the Music City Roundabout:

Mainland KVB & Lafayette 1, May 2016.jpg

Looking SE along Lafayette from Music City Roundabout:

Mainland KVB & Lafayette 2, May 2016.jpg

Looking SE along 7th Ave. South from KVB:

Mainland KVB & Lafayette 3, May 2016.jpg

Looking south along 7th Ave. South from KVB:

Mainland KVB & Lafayette 4, May 2016.jpg

Looking NW along Lafayette from intersection with Peabody:

Mainland KVB & Lafayette 5, May 2016.jpg

Looking north from intersection of Lafayette and Peabody:

Mainland KVB & Lafayette 6, May 2016.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Lafayette and Peabody, with 7th Ave. South cutting to the left:

Mainland KVB & Lafayette 7, May 2016.jpg

I hope the structure addresses the roundabout with a concave curved face the way the MCC does.  Same goes for future developments of the Methodist lot to the right, and the Premier lot to the lower right.  Looking SE from Westin Hotel with Lafayette fading into the distance:

Mainland KVB lot 1, Sept. 2016.png

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Maybe since the lot is rather small, they will be allowed to go much higher than the current zoning. Whatever they build, I hope it is a huge distraction from the Westin.

And the poles.

• Like 3

"...  unlike anything in the current Nashville skyline " except like the rest of the skyline it would conform to the flat top 30~31 story canon. I don't get why these developers don't do something really different for Nashville, like build a 34 story building. You would think it would be good for marketing. Like imagine this: "Our offices are on the 33rd and 34th floors".

Edited by dragonfly
addition
  • Like 1