Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

Seems like they would be the ones who know best. It wouldn’t make sense for them to BS about having tenants lined up if they didn’t actually have them, it would just scare away real potential tenants. Plus they’d probably keep the surface lot open if they didn’t have upcoming plans. 

That is the opposite of how it works. The only people incentivized to lie are those with money at stake.

57 minutes ago, urbanplanet17 said:

In all fairness, didn't Alex Palmer really have a tenant lined up who backed out in the 11th hour?

HCA backed out after Mr P delayed...and delayed...and delayed the project. Intercontinental Hotels eventually backed out as well, after years of delays and excuses by the developer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeemonBruhn said:

That is the opposite of how it works. The only people incentivized to lie are those with money at stake.

So, 

“I have a lot of money riding on this project, we need to make sure this building fills up.”

”Ok, well let’s tell everyone that we already have major tenants and construction is imminent.” 

I will fully admit I’m not an expert on development and leasing and I’ll totally eat crow if I’m wrong on this but it just doesn’t make sense to me to give the impression of a rapidly filling building if you’re trying to seduce a major tenant, especially when there’s like 5 other office buildings in a 2 mike radius that are going to be starting soon (next 2 years). 

• Like 4

Didn't they announce this last January? That is only 13 months ago. If people pay attention they would notice that large developments take anywhere from 2 to 3 1/2 years to begin construction after they are announced. So why is the panic button all of a sudden being pressed?

Edited by Ingram

10 hours ago, Dale said:

"Ever heard of Alex Palmer ? I'll bet he's another Alex Palmer."

My apologies, just a joke. My point is that a developer is not going to go out and publicly say that their project is doomed unless a tenant(s) sign. A developer is a salesman and must always present a strong appearance.

I think we are all still hopeful and feeling good about this project, at this time

Edited by LA_TN
Somehow posted before done
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ingram said:

Didn't they announce this last January? That is only 13 months ago. If people pay attention they would notice that large developments take anywhere from 2 to 3 1/2 years to begin construction after they are announced. So why is the panic button all of a sudden being pressed?

It was just announced a few months ago.m I believe.

• 2 months later...

This building, the old convention center office tower, the church street tower, the demonbreun street tower, west end summit tower, and the midtown tower. That's a lot of office space Nashville is currently\possibly building.

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 2

But will philips move in?

All jokes aside i'm really really looking forward to this tower being built, and whether or not it will have signage on it from a company. Tourism and accolades are good and all, but now Nashville is beginning to attract larger companies, which could generate growth and stability in the local economy for years to come

• Like 4

Kind of a power move by Baker Donelson--they might be increasing their presence in Nashville. Bass Berry has the Pinnacle, Waller has the Nashville City Center, and Bradley Arant has that awesome building on the roundabout. I think Baker's current building is really awesome too, so it's kind of surprise to hear they're moving (further away from the courthouse too). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nashhole said:

Kind of a power move by Baker Donelson--they might be increasing their presence in Nashville. Bass Berry has the Pinnacle, Waller has the Nashville City Center, and Bradley Arant has that awesome building on the roundabout. I think Baker's current building is really awesome too, so it's kind of surprise to hear they're moving (further away from the courthouse too). 

Welcome to the board!! 

Maybe it gives them more room to expand than their current building?