markhollin

One KVB Circle, 30 stories, 475,000 sq. ft. office tower, 25,000 sq. ft. retail, 1,200 car garage, SE corner of KVB and Lafayette in SoBro

2 minutes ago, Titans10 said:

Nice!! Is that Bridgestone's twin??

If it's truly 30 stories, then it would definitely have to be similar in height, too.

Btw...anyone know if this is mixed use?  Or just office?

Edited by titanhog

It's mixed use, people can work, play online like us in Urban Planet at any time, or do a number of things in it. :)

Btw I like how the second picture makes it look like it will be the tallest building in all of downtown.

Edited by wreynol4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Titans10 said:

Nice!! Is that Bridgestone's twin??

I can definitely see the similarities! I feel like it's a more dynamic version of Bridgestone, and I am a fan of that so I am loving this one! It's awesome to see a developer bringing in such a great firm like SOM for this, and a higher quality can be seen as a result. 

• Like 2

Any indication that they have tenants lined up? Will construction be dependent on signing leases in advance?

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Meh,

Another flat roof. 

Well Ron, at least it’s not a rectangular glass box...ok so it’s four or five of them put together but it’s not a box.  Boxes maybe...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FluffyP13 said:

I am floored by the growth and construction going on in sobro. the MCC is the best thing that happened to that area of town. its crazy. 

That was all basically no-mans land just 10 years ago. 

25 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I would have expected so much more from SOM. Thats one of the reasons I am dissapointed.

Right. Take their probably scrapped Buckinham Gulch design and plop it there. 

6 minutes ago, japan said:

Right. Take their probably scrapped Buckinham Gulch design and plop it there. 

But is the Buckingham design really better than this one?  IMO, they're both pretty cool, as far as boxes go.  Of course, I'd love to get the Chrysler Building...but boxes with height variances and more than 4 corners is way better than we normally get.

• Like 2

I am late to this conversation is the parking garage integrated into the building or a separate attached structure? that will affect the height of this tower. These so called podium  towers with parking on the level floors are always shorter than same floor count buildings.  

^ ^ ^ I believe the garage will be underneath (primarily underground) the pedestal that the tower blocks will be on.  The whole thing is built into a 25' slope. 

• Like 3

Will Philips's "center of excellence" be going into this building. It would be nice to have this building have a Philips logo on the top of it :D 

11 hours ago, NoChesterHester said:

They have a tenant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that speculation or do you know that for sure?

I love this building. Height, interesting features, nature incorporated into the design, tons of street activation in an area that desperately needs it, and the prospect of a couple thousand office workers whose presence will hopefully spark more retail and livability options nearby. A solid and much appreciated offering. 

• Like 4

ningbo_boc_hq_1575x900_archexist_01jpg.j

It's wishful thinking, but would have love to see a mini Ningbo Bank tower on that site. Or at least a Baltimore tower-London, below. This one is only 490 footer.

baltimoretower_construction_1575x900_ben

• Like 2