markhollin

One KVB Circle, 30 stories, 475,000 sq. ft. office tower, 25,000 sq. ft. retail, 1,200 car garage, SE corner of KVB and Lafayette in SoBro

18 minutes ago, satalac said:

Cincinnati had a weird way of interpreting things. "Crowns", "Chili".

There's a lake on West End that could use that title...

Skyline chili is revolting. Unflavored meat sauce with undrained noodles and cheddar. The cheddar is the only good thing about it. It's meat water pasta with cheese. Serviceable as drunk food if you're a long term 30+ year smoker with no remaining sense of taste. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

Skyline chili is revolting. Unflavored meat sauce with undrained noodles and cheddar. The cheddar is the only good thing about it. It's meat water pasta with cheese. Serviceable as drunk food if you're a long term 30+ year smoker with no remaining sense of taste. 

Wait a minute now...it's flavored....with cinnamon.  Yuck.  For those of you without firsthand taste experience, go pick up a box from your favorite grocer in the freezer aisle. 

49 minutes ago, tragenvol said:

Wait a minute now...it's flavored....with cinnamon.  Yuck.  For those of you without firsthand taste experience, go pick up a box from your favorite grocer in the freezer aisle. 

I think the problem is that they call it "chili." If they called it "cinnamon meat water pasta with cheese" it wouldn't be a problem. It's like if I had a place called "Pdt2f's Nashville Hot Chicken" and I served boiled turkey dipped in sweet and sour sauce. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jtmonk said:

Very nice building, I like this proposal and think it will fit in well with the skyline.  Any idea when it should break ground?

Speaking of crowns, I think one of the more interesting crowns is the Hearst Tower in Charlotte.  It took me a while to get use to it but now it's one of my favorite skyscrapers around.  

Hearst Tower, Charlotte, NC

I have always wondered about the giant open area on that one. Looks like a OVC basketball arena slapped on to the back of a skyscraper. What is it? 

I believe when it was built it was a trading floor for Bank of America.  Not sure if that's still the case.

Image result for hearst tower charlotte nc

• Like 4