Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

18 minutes ago, satalac said:

Cincinnati had a weird way of interpreting things. "Crowns", "Chili".

There's a lake on West End that could use that title...

Skyline chili is revolting. Unflavored meat sauce with undrained noodles and cheddar. The cheddar is the only good thing about it. It's meat water pasta with cheese. Serviceable as drunk food if you're a long term 30+ year smoker with no remaining sense of taste. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

Skyline chili is revolting. Unflavored meat sauce with undrained noodles and cheddar. The cheddar is the only good thing about it. It's meat water pasta with cheese. Serviceable as drunk food if you're a long term 30+ year smoker with no remaining sense of taste. 

Wait a minute now...it's flavored....with cinnamon.  Yuck.  For those of you without firsthand taste experience, go pick up a box from your favorite grocer in the freezer aisle. 

49 minutes ago, tragenvol said:

Wait a minute now...it's flavored....with cinnamon.  Yuck.  For those of you without firsthand taste experience, go pick up a box from your favorite grocer in the freezer aisle. 

I think the problem is that they call it "chili." If they called it "cinnamon meat water pasta with cheese" it wouldn't be a problem. It's like if I had a place called "Pdt2f's Nashville Hot Chicken" and I served boiled turkey dipped in sweet and sour sauce. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jtmonk said:

Very nice building, I like this proposal and think it will fit in well with the skyline.  Any idea when it should break ground?

Speaking of crowns, I think one of the more interesting crowns is the Hearst Tower in Charlotte.  It took me a while to get use to it but now it's one of my favorite skyscrapers around.  

Hearst Tower, Charlotte, NC

I have always wondered about the giant open area on that one. Looks like a OVC basketball arena slapped on to the back of a skyscraper. What is it? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It says they plan to start construction this year? Does that seem realistic to anyone else?  Would that suggest lease has already been signed with someone and they are just waiting to go public? Any I would think as Bridgestone is 450 ft that since there are the same # of floors but more commercial and less parking floors it would be close to 475 ft? Or is that optimistic?

Edited by wreynol4
Update
  • Like 4

I’m really digging this building. Just a lot going on and tons of activation all over. If they start this as soon as they want, there will be close to 1,000,000 square feet of office space coming online in a couple years in the core, including the office portion of 5+broadway and the 60,000 square feet in endeavor, along with the 850,000 or so square feet in Bridgestone and 222 that are coming online this year. Loving that office developers are so bullish on Nashville’s business future. 

Edit: I had (thankfully) forgotten about the trolley barns disaster, and all the square footage that will be added over there. 

Edited by Pdt2f
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I like the building, but what will it do to traffic? KVB doesn't work well right now, with the lack of left turn lights as you approach the circle from the river. Although they will come in time, there are no amenities in that area for quick lunches and such.

Yeah...KVB will have to be revamped soon.  The traffic flow can be really brutal on that stretch.

• Like 1

As for height, here's what I would estimate based on a Lobby and Amenity height of 21 feet since we can use people for perspective:

Lobby level: 21 feet

Parking (6 levels on the KVB circle side @ 9 feet each): 54 feet

Amenity Level: 21 feet

Office floors (24 @ 12 feet each): 288 feet

Fins at the top: 18 feet

Total height: 382 feet

Edit: On further inspection, it looks like the top two floors are double height, so it is actually 22 floors instead of 24, but the height would be the same.

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MLBrumby said:

Is that another "beaut" by MDHA?  Are you guys saying that the roundabout there was a mistake? I've only driven it one time, but that was before construction on the buildings around it was started. 

If people knew how to use a roundabout, I think it would be ok.  However, it seems to me that 9 out of 10 drivers come up to it and freak out.

• Like 4

One of the problems with the roundabout there and at Music Row is that they are setup differently. For the KVB roundabout, the outer lane MUST exit. For Music Row you can either exit or continue on in the outer lane. That has seemed to cause the most confusion for the KVB roundabout.

• Like 2