Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

Please, oh please, please, please, please, please let this be real.  Please let it come to fruition.  Please don't let it be downsized.  Please, please, please!!!  Amen.

P.S.  Can I also get a little Calamine lotion for my Buckingham, Circle South, and Fairmont itches?!!!

P.P.S.  Man, this is awesome news!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, markhollin said:

If you attend any of our monthly Meet-Ups, sometimes Smeags will spill the beans on some new projects as long as we all swear to secrecy.  ; )

Until quite recently, I usually worked on the weekends so either I was at work or asleep....hotel business is a 24/7 365 day a year industry so I missed the meetups.

41 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

I actually like the Stix art. It actually was an inspiration for the Circle South Tower...from the original submittal to the city asking for additional height…http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2020DTC-030-001_plan.pdf

876691635_StixCircleSouth.thumb.jpg.3677c47a1e922c67dff0ed285ec889c0.jpg

The artist, Christian Moeller, seems to have designed it to relate to future tall towers that would surround the roundabout.

Stix.thumb.jpg.3d283d98f3a6e79f02bd826577883499.jpg

I wrote, on another forum, some comments regarding my opinions about the Stix sculpture;

I can't see something as boring as a fountain being placed on this site. The developers of Circle South seem to agree.

Well....ok. I definitely respect your opinion, and with these towers surrounding the circle maybe it will take on a whole new perspective. Let’s get them built, then revisit the subject. Maybe it’s just needing some landscaping, instead of the weeds. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

I actually like the Stix art. It actually was an inspiration for the Circle South Tower...from the original submittal to the city asking for additional height…http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2020DTC-030-001_plan.pdf

876691635_StixCircleSouth.thumb.jpg.3677c47a1e922c67dff0ed285ec889c0.jpg

I wrote, on another forum, some comments regarding my opinions about the Stix sculpture;

I can't see something as boring as a fountain being placed on this site. The developers of Circle South seem to agree.

That's really interesting, I never heard that before. I'm not very into Stix on its own, but I do think that is at least partially because it's currently surrounded by nondescript buildings and parking lots. When surrounded by towers, things that aren't currently endearing like the local vegetation (or weeds as some refer to them haha) will actually look nice and complement the surroundings. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Ritz Carlton, Dec 6, 2020, site map.png

32 minutes ago, rjgo said:

Does this parcel include the Yeehaw Brewing location that just recently opened right there as well as the police precinct? The part along KVB to the north of Yeehaw looks way too small for the tower in the rendering.

No, see this from Mark