Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

Wow! I lived in Nashville in the late 1980s and early 1990s and I remember a skyline with just about 8 buildings. As matter of fact, I was just thinking as I looked through this thread earlier today that there will be as many (more?) skyscrapers at the 8th Avenue/Demonbreun/Roundabout nexus than there were in the whole of downtown (citywide) when I was at Vandy.  So that would be around 9 (One & Embassy Suites, JWM, Westin, Circle South and residential tower, Ritz and residential, and Cambria), as compared to downtown circa 1988 (First American (UBS), Commerce Union (Bank of America), TPAC/Jackson Bldg, Amgen (Snodgrass), Third National bldg (ServiceSource), L&C, Hyatt Regency (Sheraton), Nashville Place (R2D2), and the recently opened Stouffers (Renaissance)).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rjgo said:

That’s my point... the yellow area doesn’t look big enough for the rendered towers without the northern part of Yeehaw Brewing.

The lot for 900 church, which is 34 stories and has 356 rental units, is 0.31 acres. The lot for the apartment tower is 0.29 acres, so it should fit. I'd imagine that parking for the entire structure will be under the main tower on the larger lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, PHofKS said:

I actually like the Stix art. It actually was an inspiration for the Circle South Tower...from the original submittal to the city asking for additional height…http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2020DTC-030-001_plan.pdf

The artist, Christian Moeller, seems to have designed it to relate to future tall towers that would surround the roundabout.

Stix.thumb.jpg.3d283d98f3a6e79f02bd826577883499.jpg

I wrote, on another forum, some comments regarding my opinions about the Stix sculpture;

I can't see something as boring as a fountain being placed on this site. The developers of Circle South seem to agree.

The problem with Stix is not its design…but rather its final product.  If these were installed with outstanding lighting and some type of creative finish at the ground level rather than what looks like a circle of weeds, it wouldn’t look so “half-a$$.”  

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 8:58 PM, titanhog said:

The problem with Stix is not its design…but rather its final product.  If these were installed with outstanding lighting and some type of creative finish at the ground level rather than what looks like a circle of weeds, it wouldn’t look so “half-a$$.”  

They were supposed to have led lighting on the stix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, japan said:

They were supposed to have led lighting on the stix.

20 hours ago, Armacing said:

Local vegetation, huh?  Similar to how the Church Street Park is populated by "local wildlife"?

These posts highlight the main issue with "STICKS," as I call it. There is no ambience to the area. It simply looks as if some local artist was hired to 'fill the roundabout' as cheaply as possible. The landscaping is atrocious. If only there were some ornamental shrubbery, or even a flat gravel area from which the poles could protrude, it would look infinitely better; as well as some substantial nighttime illumination, not just on the ground but maybe on the tops of the poles themselves. 

Hopefully this new development tempts the city to undergo an upgrade to the 'art.'

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 3