Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

13 minutes ago, Armacing said:

It won't be 5-stars after the people who give the rating catch sight of that stupid collection of weeds and painted telephone poles inside the circle.

I’m with you on that! I know others get upset when this subject is brought up, but the truth sometimes hurts. Metro got ripped off, that’s easy to see. There going to build a Luxury Hotel, a Luxury condo building and the city’s beautiful convention center sits right there , and outside the windows and doors people get to see that awful “art” in the circle. And let’s not start on the subject of “local vegetation “ , I have the same here on the farm . Spray weed killer on it weekly...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Apparently, Austin is also getting a new Ritz-Carlton Hotel & Residences tower and, of course, it's going to be over 800 feet tall.  

http://www.m2developmentpartners.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Austin-Luxury-Branded-Hospitality-Mixed-Use-Project-Overview.pdf

200.gif?cid=ecf05e47ukm1m4c34b7x9ll50ryu

Dang it.  They need to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new Nashville design at 803’. :yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Apparently, Austin is also getting a new Ritz-Carlton Hotel & Residences tower and, of course, it's going to be over 800 feet tall.  

http://www.m2developmentpartners.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Austin-Luxury-Branded-Hospitality-Mixed-Use-Project-Overview.pdf

And that is a pretty cool location. Such a fun area of that city. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Something even funnier, ours is larger from a square footage standpoint, and likely 200’ shorter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, rolly said:

Memphis: we have a new 6 story Hampton Inn being proposed. Downtown's about to take off!

Nashville: our Ritz-Carlton is taller than our new 40 story Four Seasons, but still short of 50 stories!  Sucks!

I would like to politely ask that you refrain from future similar posts about Memphis. You do a strong job with your contributions to the board, and I'm sure this was simply meant to be playful (and not flippant or malicious). Still, I was born in Memphis and love the city and found this post a bit offensive. Obviously, Memphis has struggled to see urban growth and development like Nashville. But your post comes across as an unprovoked cheap shot.

No big deal, Rolly. Just please be aware.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, East Side Urbanite said:

I would like to politely ask that you refrain from future similar posts about Memphis. You do a strong job with your contributions to the board, and I'm sure this was simply meant to be playful (and not flippant or malicious). Still, I was born in Memphis and love the city and found this post a bit offensive. Obviously, Memphis has struggled to see urban growth and development like Nashville. But your post comes across as an unprovoked cheap shot.

No big deal, Rolly. Just please be aware.

Thanks

You're way too sensitive about Memphis, ESU.  You did this same thing to me a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, East Side Urbanite said:

I would like to politely ask that you refrain from future similar posts about Memphis. ...Obviously, Memphis has struggled to see urban growth and development like Nashville.

Rather than refrain from discussing it, why not address the issue head on?  Since you love Memphis, you should start a "Memphis v/s Nashville" thread in the coffee house where we can all weigh in and settle this issue once and for all.

Edited by Armacing

18 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

That what look like that. 

7B35FB58-CF0C-47FB-B59E-822B50456948.jpeg

Really cool.  Would love to have that here.  Oh well…just glad we’re getting one…and nearly 600’ is nothing to sneeze at.

1 minute ago, Armacing said:

Rather than refrain from discussing it, why not address the issue head on?  Since you love Memphis, you should start a "Memphis v/s Nashville" thread in the coffee house where we can all weigh in and settle this issue once and for all?

I’m not going to wrestle ESU.  I think he’d whip me pretty quick. :tw_bawling:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Licec said:

I knew it. They love building that type of crap. The whole downtown is full of it.

I honestly wouldn’t mind something like this here in Nashville, it might not age the best design wise but i would love to see more variance in general. Cohesive design to the general space of course, but some diversity to really build uniqueness in the skyline. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

You're way too sensitive about Memphis, ESU.  You did this same thing to me a couple of years ago.

I'm fine with anybody (including you, THog) offering constructive criticism of Memphis. Or even a playful jab if provoked from a pro-Memphis poster looking for a bit of "fun-loving trash talking." I have likely criticized Memphis more during my 58 years than just about anybody else. The city has its flaws (Just like nashville does).

But Rolly (from what I can tell) simply shot this one out of left field with no context or provocation. As such, it seemed a bit uncalled for (if not downright dismissive of Memphis).

Rolly seems to strongly like Nashville and it's great that he posts on our Nashville board. He (she?) makes lots of positive contributions to this board. And I assume he loves Raleigh like we do Nashville.

So, hypothetically, what if I had posted (out of the blue) something snarky about how Raleigh woefully lacks high-rises, particularly for a city of its population? Rolly likely (and understandably) would have perceived my post as a bit of a nasty jab toward a city he loves.

We need to be humbled that we live in Nashville, a city that is growing and changing in an exciting way. Respectful criticisms of other cities (including Memphis) is fine. Oddly put forth negative shots at other cities (even if not meant maliciously) ... I don't feel it helps the discourse on this board.

3 hours ago, Armacing said:

Rather than refrain from discussing it, why not address the issue head on?  Since you love Memphis, you should start a "Memphis v/s Nashville" thread in the coffee house where we can all weigh in and settle this issue once and for all.

I did not write (or even suggest) Rolly (or anybody on this board) refrain from discussing Memphis' problems. If done in a constructive and respectful manner, that's fine. Memphis is worthy of criticism in many respects. But the context and tone are important.

The Memphis vs. Nashville thread you notes would be tremendously interesting and fun, IF ... everybody on this board was like me: i.e., willing to most compliment and criticize both cities in a reasonable manner. Sadly, that is not the case. This board and some of its posters are a bit unreasonably dismissive of Memphis and, at times and conversely, excessively homer-ish toward Nashville. It's one reason I don't post much.

• Like 4

Memphis has plenty going for it, including several new hotels in beautifully restored buildings (and a few built from the ground up). But they aren't tall glass boxes, so they won't get the same attention the developments in Nashville get. I love Memphis, and from an aesthetic POV definitely do not want it following in Nashville's footsteps.

Anywho, comparing Memphis and Nashville is comparing apples and oranges. No one wins.

That said, I'm so excited to see what impact this Ritz has on the skyline.

• Like 1

@East Side UrbaniteI appreciate your point. And I did note the forum's rules about no city comparison-types of posts. 

Frankly, Memphis is like a lot of other places that are just super slow going with downtown crane sightings.  Like Knoxville.  Birmingham. Louisville.  Lucky to have a tower or two going on.  So it's not a slight on Memphis. Just that Nashville is so on fire now with these amazing marquee projects battling over who will be the highest on the skyline. An amazing time for us urban geekers!

• Like 1