Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

16 minutes ago, TNMichigander said:

Long time lurker and first time poster here. Had to comment on this one just to submit how jealous I am of this Miami project. Something like this in Nashville would be absolutely stunning. 

Nashville needs more eye popping towers like this!

Yep Nashville definitely doesn't have anything like that under construction. Especially on Church St.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, Binbin98 said:

and Austin will be whining about our new Waldorf Astoria under construction here in Miami lmao: 100-Story Waldorf Astoria Residences Announces Q1 2022 Groundbreaking – The Next Miami

It is going to be 1,049 ft tall making it the new tallest here.

As I have said before, the government in Miami-Dade and the State of Florida are just creating a disaster!!! To fill their pockets they just let these buildings continue to be built . Everyone thinks it’s awesome and wow, and so cool. What’s going to be said when that monster storm comes slamming into South Florida ( and don’t kid yourselfs and discredit it.. it’s going to happen) and these buildings start falling apart, one broken pane of glass is all it will take at these heights with 200 mph wind blowing everything in the room out the other side( including any people that thought it be fine to “ride it out”) , and all that debris flying in the air to the next buildings glass and so on and so on . There’s just no way that they can get millions of people out of there on time , and I witnessed Andrew turn steel into pretzel’s and pull asphalt  roads out of the ground, it’s just insanity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TNMichigander said:

Long time lurker and first time poster here. Had to comment on this one just to submit how jealous I am of this Miami project. Something like this in Nashville would be absolutely stunning. 

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

As I have said before, the government in Miami-Dade and the State of Florida are just creating a disaster!!! To fill their pockets they just let these buildings continue to be built . Everyone thinks it’s awesome and wow, and so cool. What’s going to be said when that monster storm comes slamming into South Florida ( and don’t kid yourselfs and discredit it.. it’s going to happen) and these buildings start falling apart, one broken pane of glass is all it will take at these heights with 200 mph wind blowing everything in the room out the other side( including any people that thought it be fine to “ride it out”) , and all that debris flying in the air to the next buildings glass and so on and so on . There’s just no way that they can get millions of people out of there on time , and I witnessed Andrew turn steel into pretzel’s and pull asphalt  roads out of the ground, it’s just insanity.

I work for a catastrophe insurance company based in Nashville, I'm sure we'd be happy to charge them an arm and a leg for great hurricane coverage!

All jokes aside, I cannot image they didn't take serious consideration of the design for the building and how to ensure that their $1B+ investment doesn't get annihilated from a windstorm.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, East Side Urbanite said:

I need to visit Fayetteville, Shay. I hear it's a wonderful city.  I like Little Rock, too. Very underrated city.

:tw_smile:

I grew up in what I call the “armpit” of Arkansas…where all the rice fields, mosquitos and alligators are located.  If you’re not a farmer or hunter / fisher…it’s pretty miserable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TNMichigander said:

Welcome to the forum! And please feel free to stop by our monthly meeting the first Saturday of the each month, now back at the downtown central library and online through Zoom!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, titanhog said:

I grew up in what I call the “armpit” of Arkansas…where all the rice fields, mosquitos and alligators are located.  If you’re not a farmer or hunter / fisher…it’s pretty miserable.

Hey, Pine Bluff needs some love, too. Who will defend her honor?

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yep, it all popped up on D Tracker today. I am thinking the way this and Circle South which came in this week too are going will probably be starting about the same time.

Application Submittal 7/13/2021
MPC Agenda Date 8/26/2021
Administrative Approval  
Case # 2021S-152-001
Ordinance # Not applicable for this application type
Previous Ordinance #'s  
Associated Case #  
Associated Bond #  
Reviewer FRONT COUNTER
Application Name R-C NASHVILLE HOTEL AND RESIDENCES SUBDIVISION
Application Type Subdivision (Final Plat)
Application Scope A request for final plat approval to consolidate six parcels into one lot for properties located at 400, 401 and 417 7th Avenue South, 429 7th Avenue North, Lafayette Street (unnumbered) and 8th Avenue South (unnumbered), zoned DTC and located within the Gateway Boulevard Urban Design Overlay District (1.24 acres), requested by Ragan-Smith and Associates, applicant; RC Nashville Development Partner LLC, owner.
Scanned Application View Scanned Application
Scanned Plans View Scanned Plan
Property Address / Location 0 8TH AVE S 37203
Applicant Ragan-Smith and Associates Ted J. Stevenson II 615-244-8591 [email protected]

The roundabout is going to be one busy place. 
Hopefully the contractors for both Circle South and Ritz Carlton have a good pedestrian plan so they don't shut down the sidewalk on either side of Lafayette.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Plasticman said:

So does this project appear to stay intact size wise or is it going to be “value sized” like 2nd & Peabody (and most other ambitious projects up there)?

Second and Peabody was changed from office to residential. Why would you think there would be no changes to the project?

1 hour ago, Plasticman said:

So does this project appear to stay intact size wise or is it going to be “value sized” like 2nd & Peabody (and most other ambitious projects up there)?

Wrong thread. I think this one will end up built as designed. 

Edited by downtownresident
Wrong thread
  • Like 2