Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

As long as all three developments keep ALL traffic lanes open into and out of the roundabout throughout construction, this will be amazing! 

If they close any of those lanes, I will just set up a daily email to all council members complaining. That would be beyond a cluster, woof.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, markhollin said:

New updates on the Ritz-Carlton:

- M2 Development and Skidmore, Owings & Merrill architects wrapping-up 18 month design process.

- Groundbreaking first quarter of next year.

- Plan to be open first quarter of 2025.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2021/11/02/ritz-carlton-takes-its-place-nashvilles-lineup-luxury-hotels/5950319001/

A couple new renderings:

Ritz Carlton, Nov 2, 2021, render 1.png

Ritz Carlton, Nov 2, 2021, render 2.png

looks phenomenal, I can't wait. Although, I don't think these buildings will ever be sun-lit from or produce shadows in this exact direction. The way I read it, the shadow on the morning of June 21st would be covering the southern half of the round about and probably grazing the northern edge of the Circle South site and it will never produce shadows further southwest than that. So Circle South shouldn't have to worry about being in the shadow of Ritz, I don't believe.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

The street level around the Ritz should be really nice.  Maybe they'll propose enhancements to Sticks... :)

What are the most common trees developers are installing in Nashville now?  I was in NYC this past weekend and literally fell in love with the Ginkgo trees that have become more popular there.  They were used long before now, so there are areas with very mature Gingko trees as well.  The leaves stay on Gingko trees much longer into the fall and they turn a beautiful bright yellow that contrast so well with the dark (almost black) bark of the tree.  The leaves are also a nice fan shape and tend to be a yellow-greenish color during the rest of the season.  Only thing is if you get female trees they will stink for a couple of weeks during the spring when they bear fruit.

• Like 3