Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...

That may be on a different trunk that the Circle South project. I asked B2 Nash Saturday and he was unsure, but I think they may be full steam ahead with this one. That is one of the delays on all of the Station District Projects is that trunk line.

Metro codes, water and NES is behind on a lot of projects though. It's not a pretty sight. I know of one project (residential that had a permit approved in Oct., first part and just now was approved to start. If that is the case, then we are looking at a 7-month back-up in codes. we talked about another project Saturday that contractors have left the site because NES cannot do the work.

I think this is the case with Circle South. Metro water is behind and that may be the case on Hayes Street. I saw there is supposed to be a major sewer project on that street between 19th & 20th. That may delay projects there. I am unsure about that, however.

• Like 3

Is it possible that the mayor is slowing down the process of Codes?  This week we saw that the top 2 leaders in the office are leaving (that can't help with the backlog).  We've been told he's a detail task-master who seeks to control every level of government. If true, then what sort of bottlenecks could Cooper's office be presenting to the permitting process? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Is it possible that the mayor is slowing down the process of Codes?  This week we saw that the top 2 leaders in the office are leaving (that can't help with the backlog).  We've been told he's a detail task-master who seeks to control every level of government. If true, then what sort of bottlenecks could Cooper's office be presenting to the permitting process? 

Nah

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You still have to ask yourself why the Cooper administration has had so many people leave? I have heard there is a vast amount of micromanaging involved to the point that people can't do the job. In this case the two top officials in one department leave. 

When the campaign for reelection starts, I will bet a lot of dirty laundry is brought out of the hamper.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

You still have to ask yourself why the Cooper administration has had so many people leave? I have heard there is a vast amount of micromanaging involved to the point that people can't do the job. In this case the two top officials in one department leave. 

When the campaign for reelection starts, I will bet a lot of dirty laundry is brought out of the hamper.

This is nothing new, has been happening for years in Nashville.  Zoning employees are regularly poached because they know how to get projects approved and the private sector can pay much more. This is not a bad thing, its great for these employees that get a huge raise. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...