Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

52 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I don't think so. I love the look of it.

On the other hand it seems from what I've read that it's not what the city initially approved. LEDs and such. So I'd like to actually see it finished. 

Likewise the fountains at Musica roundabout.

• Like 2

Too little effort, money and thought has been given to Nashville public art. To me it just looks like they let the 2nd grade be in charge of the projects and who only knows who was in charge of the spending.

There is no vision, theme or logic behind these projects. Stix makes no more sense at that location that a replica of the first moon landing would. The same goes for Ghost Ballet as most folks never go down to the river to see the art and there is no explanation of it from the Pedestrian bridge as most people do not even know it is an art piece. I have spoken to people that have asked what the hell is it and when I explained it as an art piece it really didn't help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Looking at M2's website, they seem like small time players. Are they in over their head here?

I'm not sure about M2--I have no familiarity or knowledge about them.

I think the Ritz delay seems to be a combination of factors: high interest rates, increase in costs due to the inflation surge over the past year or so, and the sewer upgrade in that area of downtown Nashville.

If anyone else has any insight, would love to hear. But those are my thoughts as to why the delay is most likely happening.

I think it will be built, but most likely starting in the first half of 2023.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, hoping this one breaks ground soon. I'd be shocked if the brand says they are not coming to Nashville.

I could see them deciding on another actual development site in downtown or midtown Nashville. This site seems to have the partial delays tied to the sewer system slow upgrades.

For Ritz to just pull their intention to enter the Nashville market at all, would go against all of the growth and data intel that Nashville is a fast-emerging luxury destination travel market.

I suspect this delay is a cause of uncertainty in the economy, inflation and the sewer upgrade delays for that specific site. 

But I would be lying if I didn't admit that I am surprised it has not yet broken ground yet. Seems like a sure thing logical development for Nashville. 

For example, similar or less-touristed cities like Charlotte, Portland, OR, Cleveland and St Louis all have Ritz-Carltons. (I was surprised by St Louis, Cleveland and Portland)

Edited by jjbradleyBrooklyn
  • Like 3