Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

43 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

We’ll see. I still think this developer has bit off more than they can chew. 

I think so too. This project by itself would be difficult to pull off, let alone the other project on Lafayette and the midtown projects. Priority number one needs to be getting this out of the ground. 

• Like 2

Um ( scratching my head) yeah, refer back to my earlier post and it doesn’t seem as far fetched anymore. I will restate, I’ll not be a bit surprised if the powers that be at Ritz , aren’t looking at other possibilities. At least a different more stable development partner, if not a totally different location/ building the whole package. If Ritz really wants in on Nashville ( and it seems they do) how long do they wait it out? 

Oh man, just had this pop into my head, what about the Tishman project? That’s a solid company with deeeeep pockets looking to build a Flagship mixed use in Nashville 

• Like 4

Y’all, the Ritz is patient.  It has been rumored that the Ritz was looking to get into Nashville for decades.  At one point, Reba McEntire was rumored to be involved in a development deal with the Ritz.  Whether its this deal or another deal, the Ritz is patient until they get the deal that they want. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, The ATX said:

Someone in Austin who has been working with the developer on financing  related to their Austin Ritz project has been giving me updates over the past year.  The Nashville project has always been their main focus, but it's not looking good.  Their Austin project is looking even less good.  They couldn't get financing when the economic outlook and the banking/financing situation was much better than it is now, so the chance of obtaining financing in the near future is dwindling.  But the projects are not dead.

AH, ok, appreciate the detail!

It seems this developer has bitten off a lot more than they can manage to chew.

This site in Nashville is so ideal and prime, and it needs a big brand caliber development team. 

A small glimmer of hope is still there that this development team can pull it through. But in this shaky economic and financial business environment rest of this year, this project seems even less sure of getting off the ground -- at least with this particular company.

I think June or so was the extension for that team to announce financing. So there's about 10 weeks left to see what happens. 

• Like 4

On 4/17/2023 at 4:13 PM, Luvemtall said:

I’m still on the fence with this particular project, not on the Ritz Company side but the developer. I believe Ritz definitely wants in on Nashville, but needs a different partner. Searching around I still won’t be a bit surprised, if they team up with the likes of Tishman Speyer on their prime development or even a joint venture to build a tower at 1001 Church to replace the office to hotel / residential. Other possibilities would be in the Station East project or the projects popping up on the West End Corridor. 

Would be very surprised (and happily so) if this brand chose the West End corridor or any other place not centrally located to the city's epicenter.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Dusting the old Ritz Carlton topic off the dormant shelf, and bringing it back for an update.

What are current thoughts and speculations about what is going on at this site/going on with the Ritz Carlton interest in Nashville, in general?

Since this development team most likely won't bring this across the finish line, what's the Ritz' Nashville future?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...