RFP - 201 Market

walker

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pattmost20 said:

You may just be right. Hearing the city is leaning heavily towards one of the proposals, but is worried it can't be pulled off.

There's a chance that none of the proposals can be pulled off. It all depends on who has the best idea, best business plan, most realistic but ambitious goals, etc..  This 201 Market project , whoever gets it, may take a decade to finish, because of moving city services, river work, etc.. 

But if you want something a decade from now you absolutely have to take a step or a leap today. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, scottythe1nonly said:

From what I've heard of the proposal I don't think the concern is with moving city services or engineering or the architecture.  It's probably the business plan that's being questioned. 

That's some big speculation right there. :) I've heard the opposite. :ph34r:

Maybe we just wait to hear.... I thought we would have heard yesterday but maybe they were avoiding Friday the 13th for superstitious reasons. :)

14 hours ago, scottythe1nonly said:

what is so difficult about moving the salt trucks?  we've known since the beginning that would need relocation

Is that a concern that someone raised? I hadn't heard that.

If so, it might be because it's centrally located for the salt truck drivers? I think the county one is just up North of Leonard along 131 too? 

On 10/14/2017 at 10:29 AM, GRDadof3 said:

That's some big speculation right there. :) I've heard the opposite. :ph34r:

Maybe we just wait to hear.... I thought we would have heard yesterday but maybe they were avoiding Friday the 13th for superstitious reasons. :)

Anti-Friday the 13th... superstition...  that cinches it, it's going to be a new mega-church isn't it?