RFP - 201 Market

walker

18 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

HAHA! I thought the same thing (mostly jokingly) but almost posted this as well. 

Hey, that's a good thought! Maybe...  Amazon does want specific sites offered up as examples, so they may be sliding the 201 Market proposal into the Amazon proposal. But Amazon was asking for more like 100 acres undeveloped and/or 500,000+ sf for phase 1. 

18 hours ago, GRLaker said:

Was the news you spoke of supposed to come out in the media? Or are you waiting on a source to disclose the information?

Source. Well my source said that info would be distributed to the media soon. I don't have an exclusive or anything. :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

Well I know I'd be happy with Rockford's plan. Leaves me to wonder what the other proposal is...

Have you actually seen Rockford's plan? I haven't so I can't speak to it. There were 2 other proposals submitted...  I like Rockford as much as the next guy around here but if there was a better proposal? 

The others were Flaherty & Collins of Indianapolis and Redico of Southfield, MI., FYI

49 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Have you actually seen Rockford's plan? I haven't so I can't speak to it. There were 2 other proposals submitted...  I like Rockford as much as the next guy around here but if there was a better proposal? 

The others were Flaherty & Collins of Indianapolis and Redico of Southfield, MI., FYI

Yes. But I'm hearing Affordable housing is what we have in store for us. Not sure which of the other 2 developers it is, I had heard one dropped out, but no word on which one.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

Yes. But I'm hearing Affordable housing is what we have in store for us. Not sure which of the other 2 developers it is, I had heard one dropped out, but no word on which one.

I really hope what you're hearing is erroneous. This site is perfect for something outstanding. To make it income restricted housing would be quite possibly the worst move Grand Rapids has made in a long-long time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

Anyone know if there is a particular specialty for Flaherty & Collins or Redico?

26 minutes ago, GRLaker said:

I really hope what you're hearing is erroneous. This site is perfect for something outstanding. To make it income restricted housing would be quite possibly the worst move Grand Rapids has made in a long-long time.

I would think any proposal would include at least a mix of lihtc and market rate, based on the city's goals for this project. But all LIHTC? Mehhh

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

I have no clue if it is a mix or strictly LIHTC, just heard that the favored project is "affordable housing."

I don't believe the city leaders would favor only that for 201 market.  What was the point of this whole exercise if they choose a bland proposal that builds more cookie cutter apartment buildings.   They could have saved all this hassle and just sold the property a year or two ago.  

Like if you are that broke that you need "affordable housing", then why on Earth do you want to live in the DT area? So you can stay up in your low-income apartment because you have no money?

We have more than enough of that and homeless people down there, contributing next to nothing to the little retail we have.

Oh wait, we did just land a Dollar General. So I suppose that is something. /s