RFP - 201 Market

walker

1 hour ago, scottythe1nonly said:

what?  the S Curve isn't cool enough for you?  

MI+Grand+Rapids+area+where+seven+hate+cr

Something that would be really sweet is if a series of suspension cables were put on the span of the S-Curve bridge from E. Fulton to Wealthy....or maybe just the part that goes over the river.

Purely decorative, it would at least make it look less like a highway going through DT, and over the river.

Pcall-2-BOYNE-BRIDGES00051961-310x415.jp

• 4 weeks later...

***Question*** 

I believe that the proposals need to be in to the city by August 25 and so I've been wondering - will we see them? Is that the kind of thing that is instantly available to see/media/etc or is it something done privately and secretly to be reviewed by the city? Obviously I ask because I want lots of renderings/conceptual to view, review, critique, imagine, etc. haha. Just thought maybe someone on here might have some perspective for the process. 

• Like 1

The city is more concerned with how the property is developed, what it's going to be used for, than they are the purchase price.  They want this to be a special property for our downtown. The bids have to include their purchase price as well as what their plans are for the property.  I don't see how it could be kept "secret" at the point they're submitted.  I am expected to see something released to the public by or before the due date. 

I'm actually surprised we haven't had a Rockford leak already.  There are a lot of people who must know what their plans are.  They leaked the Bridge Street project way ahead of when it was supposed to be announced. 

Edited by scottythe1nonly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scottythe1nonly said:

The city is more concerned with how the property is developed, what it's going to be used for, than they are the purchase price.  They want this to be a special property for our downtown. The bids have to include their purchase price as well as what their plans are for the property.  I don't see how it could be kept "secret" at the point they're submitted.  I am expected to see something released to the public by or before the due date. 

I'm actually surprised we haven't had a Rockford leak already.  There are a lot of people who must know what their plans are.  They leaked the Bridge Street project way ahead of when it was supposed to be announced. 

The city has probably already seen them and been working closely with the development teams. Technically if it's a "staff review" with engineering or planning, then they don't have to be made PUBLIC or part of the Open Meetings Act (as I understand it). Although the city has been increasing transparency when it comes to development projects. Some attorneys have challenged that in the past in different municipalities too. 

I don't know what you'll see August 25th though. I would think at a minimum they will have to show uses, greenspaces, where buildings will be placed (mass and scale/height), but as to specific building designs? Maybe. 

• 4 weeks later...