RFP - 201 Market

walker

6 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I'm on their distribution list as well. :whistling:Maybe all the proposals came in and they weren't quite what the city was thinking? 

You soccer fans are going to disappoint a lot of people if it turns out to not have a soccer stadium as part of any of the proposals...

I don't like to disappoint.

40 minutes ago, scottythe1nonly said:

Why would you want a stadium anywhere other than downtown?   market is a perfect location.  It's Central in terms of the metro area, next to our existing entertainment district.  And it's adjacent to a highway exit, parking and the RAPID station.    

Personally, I don't want it on the river. I hope we get more buildings to face and interact with the river. Looking at all of the stadiums dropped on top of that parcel, it looked potentially like another DeVos Place scenario. 

Like I said, I want a soccer stadium  I just think this lot could be utilized better  but then again, I'm speculating on speculation  haha  

Joe

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

Personally, I don't want it on the river. I hope we get more buildings to face and interact with the river. Looking at all of the stadiums dropped on top of that parcel, it looked potentially like another DeVos Place scenario. 

Like I said, I want a soccer stadium  I just think this lot could be utilized better  but then again, I'm speculating on speculation  haha  

Joe

I agree, this is not a place for a seasonal stadium. This is a place to pull retail, housing and commercial elements to the river and further south.  

A stadium on the west side of the river creates a much better scenario for parking, traffic, and expansion of the downtown footprint.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, EastownLeo said:

I agree, this is not a place for a seasonal stadium. This is a place to pull retail, housing and commercial elements to the river and further south.  

A stadium on the west side of the river creates a much better scenario for parking, traffic, and expansion of the downtown footprint.

Agreed. I still think the Padnos site would be perfect. Close to downtown. Highway access. A large open area.  Close to GVSU. Prime redevelopment opportunities all around. 

Joe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joeDowntown said:

Agreed. I still think the Padnos site would be perfect. Close to downtown. Highway access. A large open area.  Close to GVSU. Prime redevelopment opportunities all around. 

Joe

Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything yet!! :)

Developer: "Here's our proposal, 6 towers and a soccer stadium. Tada!!"  City: "Ummm, did you guys know that there are plans to build a soccer stadium over at the Padnos site?" 

Just kidding, I don't know at all if that's what happened, lol. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, GRLaker said:

Is this still a thing? I’m starting to think all options brought forward were duds and they were told to go back to the drawing board. 

Maybe the city is holding off bringing them to the public.  Perhaps they are working on a proposal to give it to Amazon :D

22 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

So either the administrative people haven't bothered to pass them on the commission or the members of the commission haven't bothered to look at them. 

Really gives the appearance of us being open for business...How long has it been now since the deadline? A couple months?

2 hours ago, Pattmost20 said:

So either the administrative people haven't bothered to pass them on the commission or the members of the commission haven't bothered to look at them. 

I can't imagine that none of the commissioners would have looked at them yet, if they had them. Maybe staff is still reviewing them? Maybe the "consultants" hired for this process is still reviewing them and asking for changes? Who knows. Maybe the birdie will find out something and get back to me.. :)

4 hours ago, scottythe1nonly said:

somebody should just PM the mayor on FB and ask WTF is going on!

Quite a few of us on here know her personally. You don't have to do that. :)  And she probably does not know the details of what's going on either. It's been a few months, it's one the city's largest land holdings that they have up for sale, patience...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Quite a few of us on here know her personally. You don't have to do that. :)  And she probably does not know the details of what's going on either. It's been a few months, it's one the city's largest land holdings that they have up for sale, patience...

If I was mayor, I'd be in everybody's business to see details. :) Of course, the ONLY reason I'd ever want to be President is so I could ask "What's really going on at Roswell?!". :)

Joe 

14 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

The Mayor and the city commission know exactly what is going on, but I don't fault them for knowing. 

1 minute ago, mpchicago said:

The Mayor and the city commission know exactly what is going on, but I don't fault them for knowing. 

Agreed.

Everyone knows at least the basics of what's in the proposals.  The idea that Bliss is ignorant of that is just crazy.  This is potentially one of the biggest developments on city owned land in 2 decades.    

Just because someone on the city council says they haven't seen the proposals doesn't mean they don't know what's in them.  This is a SMALL town.

3 hours ago, scottythe1nonly said:

Agreed.

Everyone knows at least the basics of what's in the proposals.  The idea that Bliss is ignorant of that is just crazy.  This is potentially one of the biggest developments on city owned land in 2 decades.    

Just because someone on the city council says they haven't seen the proposals doesn't mean they don't know what's in them.  This is a SMALL town.

Jeesh, calm down. :) So you know this project is massive and important yet you're frustrated you haven't gotten any answers yet?

This is what the little birdie told me, paraphrasing: 

The City has a review team that is reviewing all of the RFP's.  The mayor, commissioner Kelly and OConnor are on the review team, amongst several others.  Now that the RFP's have been received the team is in the QnA portion of the process.  As one would imagine each RFP submittal is significantly different and also very complex.

"Be patient people, the wheels of government move very slowly. " - direct quote, lol. 

All of the proposals were turned in by big developers who are probably accustomed to taking YEARS to get a project going.