New Orlando Flag

popsiclebrandon

True, it doesn't quite live up (or down as it were) to the standard of simplicity set forth in the design contest rules, but it's not all that complex either. It reflects downtown Orlando's most iconic symbol and the color scheme is nice. 

Close enough for me.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a thumbs down. Folks got "new flag" mixed up with "logo". The City can (and should) have the Lake Eola fountain plastered all over street signs, sides of city vehicles, stationery, digital media, etc. It's an enduring symbol residents are proud of. However, that doesn't mean it belongs on a flag ... just my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...

Although I concur with Patty's point about the logo (I don't like it much, either, but how many versions of the fountain are we going to have? talk about clutter), the final version and the additional color is growing on me.

My favorite thing is that it was done by someone local who's involved in the community (the article notes he's also done work for Mills/50.)

From the Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-orlando-new-flag-city-council-vote-final-20170721-story.htmli

Archived