Hyatt House Nashville West End, 15 stories, 201 rooms, garage

markhollin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

24 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

Though I hope they clad the garage portion with something (not zebra stripes, though!)... Leaving that exposed looks sort of odd.

It's par for the course. The Loews, Caterpillar Financial, old and new Baptist, and Hutton car holes all look the same. The Marriott dual-brand is the only one that tried to cover up their reinforced concrete nekkidness.

4 hours ago, titanhog said:

The red brick around the garage helps with the look of the "open-ness" quite a bit.  A lot better image.  Of course...if that's just orange paint, then not so good.

draft*660xx2000-1125-0-188.jpg

I seriously doubt that's red brick.   I expect it's paint.    But doesn't matter if it's Italian marble, the garage portion looks like sh*t.   Although, as pointed out, this sits in a vast sea of multi level parking structures, so it will blend in nicely.       

From this image, the hotel looks to be solid stucco in various shades of dirty gray.   Might as well add window unit air conditioners while they're at it.  

I'm not a fan of this design if you can't tell.  <_<

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I seriously doubt that's red brick.   I expect it's paint.    But doesn't matter if it's Italian marble, the garage portion looks like sh*t.   Although, as pointed out, this sits in a vast sea of multi level parking structures, so it will blend in nicely.       

From this image, the hotel looks to be solid stucco in various shades of dirty gray.   Might as well add window unit air conditioners while they're at it.  

I'm not a fan of this design if you can't tell.  <_<

I'm not a fan either...but if the orange part was actually brick...it would be an improvement over that first render.  Either way, though...it's going to be a less-than-palatable hotel design.

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

It looks like one of those high rise assisted living facilities from that era.  

Yes, exactly. Some sort of medical type building. The very kind that most cities have been demolishing in the past 20 years to build something more attractive. This is just plain offensively ugly, from the garage clear up to the roof. Shame on Hyatt for vomiting this up on Nashville.

• Like 2