Gulch Union (Endeavor Demonbreun): 3 towers (20 story/329,000 s.f. office, twin 28 story residential buildings)

markhollin

22 hours ago, mattbhadley said:

Also a note about the sidewalk- they do have a temporary sidewalk setup at this site. But agreed it is very annoying how many projects shut down sidewalks completely 

Thanks for letting us know.  from the image bhibbs posted it looks like the has closed off the separated bike lane, which is disappointing. I want my cake and eat it too damnit. haha

1 hour ago, bhibbs said:

6caf6e13daea782c00b8724ff298c420.jpg

If this isn’t this project just ignore me and tell me I’m an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

You're not an idiot. So is that the view from your place of work?  If so, then you're our go-to for regular updates. 

it is not, its actually the guy who runs the Nashville weather twitter page, Im pretty sure he works out of that building, he posted that photo today when the storm was rolling though.

I wish that was where I worked, I'd probably make a little more money than I do now...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bhibbs said:

it is not, its actually the guy who runs the Nashville weather twitter page, Im pretty sure he works out of that building, he posted that photo today when the storm was rolling though.

I wish that was where I worked, I'd probably make a little more money than I do now...

Ha, I was going to say Twitter is where I saw it first, but then I thought maybe it was YOU who took the picture and sent it to the weather guys!    One never knows.  

btw the @NashSevere twitter page is my go to source for local weather.   Much more accurate forecasts and up to minute conditions than Weather Channel or the local networks.    Guys who run it totally geek out on weather stuff.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AronG said:

image.png.29a02da075d74f74a11669aebc2f13f2.png

Demonbreun only has 1westbound  lane crossing 12th. If there was not a slip lane or at least a traffic barrier no one would be able to turn right on red because of the confusion. I am not saying the is the best solution, but I see why the island is needed.

2 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Demonbreun only has 1westbound  lane crossing 12th. If there was not a slip lane or at least a traffic barrier no one would be able to turn right on red because of the confusion. I am not saying the is the best solution, but I see why the island is needed.

Sure, there's a variant of this justification for every slip lane, and indeed every place where there's a trade-off between pedestrian/bike accessibility and shaving time off vehicle traffic. My point is that both Nashville and most other cities (see examples) have been busily re-engineering intersections to get rid of urban slip lanes, among many other unsafe and pedestrian-hostile patterns that were put in place during several bad decades of urban design, and now is the perfect time to fix that one. Demonbreun is increasingly popular for both foot and bike traffic, two groups that are not space-constrained, and if encouraged are likely to grow significantly over the next decades as new development activates more and more of the street grid. Improving our intersections for those modes is worth the minor inconvenience to drivers turning right.

If your point is that Nashville shouldn't focus on fixing our walkability problems and should instead keep optimizing for car traffic above all else, I get that. That's totally valid; we just disagree.

• Like 2