markhollin

Gulch Union (Endeavor Demonbreun): 3 towers (20 story/329,000 s.f. office, 29 story residential, 16 story hotel)

45 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I believe Waller is midway into a ten year lease at Nashville City Center with options for five additional years. Theoretically, they could have a new building done and ready by the time their lease expires. That said, I'd bet my next paycheck that somebody at the architectural firm was called onto the carpet for letting those renderings out. 

I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's not like it's some new supertall that's gonna blow everybody's mind.

5 hours ago, NashRugger said:

They really have no reason to be mad if things can be dug up and found like that, especially in this day and age. Sure, things may be public before they were ready for them to be, but that's what happens when websites are open like that. 

Agreed. It would have made more sense for the name on the building renderings to read "Company X" instead of a real name that potentially would cause problems.

I almost always jump on these images and save them. Once the images are out, they are out. Like trying to get smoke back into a tree after you burn it..

So I'm guessing that even though these shouldn't have been released to the public yet, they do represent the real ideas that the top folks involved are working on?  That's the real question.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RonCamp said:

Waller completed a long-term renewal of their lease downtown at the Nashville City Center several years ago.  The construction of the adjacent garage there was part of the transaction.  Speculation, but their logo's inclusion on the renders here leads me to believe that these files are several years old.  

I doubt the files are several years old if they included an accurately-shaped render of the proposed Whole Foods/apartment tower.

• Like 4

Now that the renders have been pulled I agree with you, MLBrumby - the renders are likely not old like I first suspected.  Also because you can see the massing for the Endeavor/Mazda site building in them, which I failed to initially notice.  That said, as you also mentioned, it is 100% true that Waller has 5+ years left on their current lease.  

4 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

I doubt the files are several years old if they included an accurately-shaped render of the proposed Whole Foods/apartment tower.

Ha, yep, you beat me to it.  My mistake.

Whew, I was afraid they would have curves and character on them. This is Nashville, we drink at the honkey tonks to make the buildings look interesting.

• Like 2

I've been setting on this one for a wile. We knew Endeavor was a partner and that new renderings were coming. The only question is where would the Hensler tower go as it looks as if this is almost the entirety of the block. His land is separate, but looks to be included.

• Like 1

Surely those renderings aren't representative of the final design.  I have a hard time believing that a company would shell out that much money for a prime piece of property only to put up a few buildings that would look more at home on Panama City Beach.  

• Like 1

Okay I'm trying to figure out how many Whole Foods grocery stores are planned  for the area because I thought the Mazda dealership we're going to have a Whole Foods grocery store?

20 minutes ago, chris holman said:

Okay I'm trying to figure out how many Whole Foods grocery stores are planned  for the area because I thought the Mazda dealership we're going to have a Whole Foods grocery store?

That's correct, this is just the same Austin-based developer on a separate project, granted just a stone's throw away really.

• Like 2

This was the previous design so I'm guessing its a new design all together does anybody know when the actual renderings will be coming out?

58bc5ed01e197_Henslerrender1Demonbreunand12th.thumb.jpg.b981c0985717dd2e2bb18e605514fd3f.jpg

58bc5ed0ece4c_Henslerrender2Demonbreunand12th.jpg.751aedeaac3e1e7745208fd5ea784b11.jpg

Edited by chris holman