Gulch Union (Endeavor Demonbreun): 3 towers (20 story/329,000 s.f. office, twin 28 story residential buildings)

markhollin

2 hours ago, AronG said:

If your point is that Nashville shouldn't focus on fixing our walkability problems and should instead keep optimizing for car traffic above all else, I get that. That's totally valid; we just disagree.

As a fellow urban pedestrian and even occasional  bicyclist I am all for safety and I am encouraged by some of the improvements to date (some less so like the questionable Church Street viaduct bike lanes) . Yet, I am also a car driver so I care about the safe and efficient movement of traffic. Hopefully, a balance can be found.

17 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Demonbreun only has 1westbound  lane crossing 12th. If there was not a slip lane or at least a traffic barrier no one would be able to turn right on red because of the confusion. I am not saying the is the best solution, but I see why the island is needed.

Before this corner was developed, it worked. Walking in front of the Eakin building was the more desireable side and thus made the slip a less glaring 'problem area". Now with this development going in and adding both workers and residents, its time for this solution to disappear. When we have this much density on both sides of the street, its time to put more emphasis on the people rather than the cars. The slip lane did its job for the time it has been there, now its time to say goodbye

• Like 4

14 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

As a fellow urban pedestrian and even occasional  bicyclist I am all for safety and I am encouraged by some of the improvements to date (some less so like the questionable Church Street viaduct bike lanes) . Yet, I am also a car driver so I care about the safe and efficient movement of traffic. Hopefully, a balance can be found.

Yeah I can only that church street lane is intended as a first step that will be improved over time.

Yeah, I cross that Demonbreun/12th slip lane on foot on a pretty regular basis and you REALLY have to be paying attention our you'll get whacked by right turners, who are usually looking left for merging traffic.     I totally agree it's time to redesign it as a traditional urban corner and crosswalk.      

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a meeting tonight at 6:30 at the Midtown Hill Police Precinct regarding a construction noise ordinance.  Freddie O'Connell will be there as well as reps from Gulch Residents Association.

On Monday, October 1, there is a joint meeting of the Gulch Residents Association and Urban Residents Association regarding dockless scooters and the construction noise ordinance.  This meeting will be at the Nashville Downtown Partnership.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

There is a meeting tonight at 6:30 at the Midtown Hill Police Precinct regarding a construction noise ordinance.  Freddie O'Connell will be there as well as reps from Gulch Residents Association.

On Monday, October 1, there is a joint meeting of the Gulch Residents Association and Urban Residents Association regarding dockless scooters and the construction noise ordinance.  This meeting will be at the Nashville Downtown Partnership.

The GRA only seems to wake from the dead when Barbara is pissed about something, scooters seems to be the issue now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

*Again with the scooters. Talk about bike lanes instead. They aren't going anywhere!

Freddie O'Connell bangs the drum about bike lanes on twitter all the time, but it is time to get more concrete about it. It's a shame they're not taking advantage of all that road work downtown to add some.

I wonder what the general temperature of gulch residents is on the scooters. The couple of friend I have over there are pretty enthusiastic about using them to get to and from the CBD. Don't think they go to meetings though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Is this the ding dong over in 1212?

Yeah, the GRA sprung from the Buckingham thing a few years ago, if you've been to one of the GBID meetings it is basically the same thing but without Tom Turner making the same jokes every year.

2 hours ago, Leif said:

Yeah, the GRA sprung from the Buckingham thing a few years ago, if you've been to one of the GBID meetings it is basically the same thing but without Tom Turner making the same jokes every year.

The last GBID annual meeting was not quite as bad as they've been in the past.  The GBID board meetings are not like that and Tom's jokes are a welcome addition to a late afternoon meeting!