Gulch Union (Endeavor Demonbreun): 3 towers (20 story/329,000 s.f. office, twin 28 story residential buildings)

markhollin

14 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Hopefully Market street will build a 20 story on her side of the building and really P.O. her.

Her unit is on the corner facing the W Hotel.  When MarketStreet decides to do a massive structure on the L-shaped lot across Laurel from 1212, watch out!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

The last GBID annual meeting was not quite as bad as they've been in the past.  The GBID board meetings are not like that and Tom's jokes are a welcome addition to a late afternoon meeting!

I've only been to the annual ones, Tom does a great presentation it just tends to be the same one every year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, titanhog said:

It's official now.  We have to call it Pie Town from here on out. :(

The Gulch, as covered by the Gulch Business Improvement District, stops at Broadway to the north and now includes the slice of Pie Town between the railroad tracks, 8th Ave S and the interstate.  So, technically, The Gulch took a bite out of Pie Town.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

The Gulch, as covered by the Gulch Business Improvement District, stops at Broadway to the north and now includes the slice of Pie Town between the railroad tracks, 8th Ave S and the interstate.  So, technically, The Gulch took a bite out of Pie Town.

And the other side of the tracks is really SoBro, so no need for Pie Town at all.   No one ever called it that.    I realize it's just a marketing graphic for the development, but I like what they've come up with,  although I would draw it differently.      I would include the MCC and JWM and Westin in SoBro.      I might move the line and shade Union Station and Cummins Station in the Gulch.    Downtown would include Nashville Yards, etc. north of Broadway.              

8 hours ago, japan said:

No name for the area between Gulch and Downtown?  These developers need to get on it.

I think it's a golden opportunity for UP to leave its mark on Nashville's history by coming up with a name that sticks. :shades:  It's kinda between Downtown, SoBro and The Gulch.  We could call it DoSoBroGu.  Or...SoBroGuDo.   GuDoSoBro.  East Gulch.   Or...just call it "The Yards"...since it's right along the rail yards.  Nashville Yards would just be a part of The Yards.   Union Station and the train shed were on that side of the tracks, too.  Heck...we could just call that area Union Station.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, titanhog said:

I think it's a golden opportunity for UP to leave its mark on Nashville's history by coming up with a name that sticks. :shades:  It's kinda between Downtown, SoBro and The Gulch.  We could call it DoSoBroGu.  Or...SoBroGuDo.   GuDoSoBro.  East Gulch.   Or...just call it "The Yards"...since it's right along the rail yards.  Nashville Yards would just be a part of The Yards.   Union Station and the train shed were on that side of the tracks, too.  Heck...we could just call that area Union Station.

SoDoGu.  Actually, The Yards is perfect.  The Gulch is on the west side of the tracks - The Yards are on the east side.

• Like 1

when Pi town first popped up a few years ago I proposed Lower Lafayette.  LOLA.   a few of us continued for a while. really i only suggested it because people seem to think that it needs a name.  I think SOBRO should cover all of it.

also, if you hate pie town, I saw an ad last year that advertised the South Street area as "Gulch heights" 

• Like 1