Gulch Union (Endeavor Demonbreun): 3 towers (20 story/329,000 s.f. office, twin 28 story residential buildings)

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Native said:

Here is a look at the project from the Church Street overpass.   Raise your hand if you believe that is the finished look on the parking garage.  Not much glass after all.

IMG_2759.thumb.jpg.d503af5b874a3278ee2928fc7bf4141a.jpg

I believe they are enclosing the entire garage portion (or at least most of it) with glass. Driving by this morning it looks like they’ve started putting the glass anchors on the building. Hopefully that means they’ll start covering that section with glass soon!

38F1F74D-9DE1-4B10-ACF5-64F2C54269D5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mattbhadley said:

I believe they are enclosing the entire garage portion (or at least most of it) with glass. Driving by this morning it looks like they’ve started putting the glass anchors on the building. Hopefully that means they’ll start covering that section with glass soon!

Oh, wonder of wonders... I don’t exactly relish the thought of more unfinished parking pedestals. Makes you wonder what people passing through Nashville think of our buildings! :tw_persevere: Maybe this one will look nice!

From the office brochure it appears that the garage will be screened in:

880095397_ScreenShot2019-12-22at11_17_34PM.thumb.png.c7787cf808fe2aef0a877ac01f179cd0.png

We may also be getting some sort of lighting at the 13th and Demonbreun intersection. 

Here's a link the entire brochure: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b2bda1bda02bca501990659/t/5b883c730ebbe8ca8405fc40/1535655106914/180830_1222Demonbreun_Brochure_R8-screen-web-sm.pdf

• Like 3

On 1/3/2020 at 8:24 AM, Bos2Nash said:

Looking at those attachment "shelfs" I tend to doubt it will be glass. Looking at the brochure rendering, it appears to be some form screening - think perforated metal maybe? Or something like they did to the Peabody Street Holiday Inn garage - but as soon as the black weatherproofing stops on the north side, that where the screening will apparently stop.

Agree 100%. The original rendering showed this would be glass. But I noticed, as you noted, the "shelfs" do not look like supports for glass. The later renderings appear to be screening. Value engineering. Thankfully, this will be screened 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA_TN said:

Agree 100%. The original rendering showed this would be glass. But I noticed, as you noted, the "shelfs" do not look like supports for glass. The later renderings appear to be screening. Value engineering. Thankfully, this will be screened 

Yeah...it's better than the opened garages facing the interstate with those two buildings across Demonbreun from this one.

• Like 3

OK, I am trying to be patient with these people, but doesn't it appear that the variety of finishes is going to result in a "busy" look to this building?   Maybe  it'll all come together but there is another look to the north side as well.  Help.

IMG_2924.thumb.jpg.59d55b16a9a82884d5bb9134ab0e9d51.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...