Tallahassee 2 Atlanta|North

FlaNatv

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like this?

NorthandSouthConnections.jpg

Interestingly, all of 319 through Tallahassee and 27, is already a divided highway, favorable for a conversion into an interstate. With exception of 27 thru Havana, this project would be a breeze from a engineering standpoint. I'm not sure what sits in the way thru the western GA portion that goes toward Columbus. The Eastern half going toward Thomasville, Tifton, and I-75 should be easy to convert also... not much development along that strip and a good portion of the road is already divided.

That's it! :thumbsup:

It'll probably be easier to have the turnpike come in using Route 1 as opposed to Route 2.

we need some odd numnber interstate'age in the T town. I like it all... i think the residence in the NE of tally might rather the blue route to columbus rather than the interstate through a ritzie nieghborhoods. The have thier 6 lanes of 319, they are happy.

Yes, we are growing at a sustainable rate... and we should monitor it, heaven forbid the sprawl turn into overrun ghettos once all the influentials move into the higrise lifestyle... I forsee a flee from supurbs soon!!!

When we are faced with our options to do something about a route north, I sure hope the residents in the North East quadrant don't give a hissy fit over the proposed changes. They are always the first to cry NIMBY, yet expect everyone else to bear the burdens of growth pains.

Look at where the sewage is kept, the waste sites, transfer station, power plants, etc... as far from them in area I as possible.

Is that fair?

Archived