Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheRaglander

Mayor Berry - her legacy

4 posts in this topic

I mentioned this on another thread but risked a "thread derailment".  Hopefully this is the right sport for it because I would like to get everyone's opinion.

I will ask here:   What do you think Mayor Berry's big opportunity is for her legacy?  Bredeson with the arena and Titans, Dean with the MCC...  for her?  Transit?  East bank of Nashville with PSC?  MLS?  If transit, do you really think something will be done in her tenure?

If she gets rid of Straws, er, Stix, that will make her the greatest mayor in the history of Nashville. :rolleyes:

3 people like this

21 hours ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

If she gets rid of Straws, er, Stix, that will make her the greatest mayor in the history of Nashville. :rolleyes:

.|..

To answer the question posed in the OP: Transit. If it happens.

Transit takes a long time, but she will have until the latter half of 2023 to get the foundation in place (I expect her to seek and win re-election easily). If she can get at least one or two major transit corridors under construction by the time she leaves office then I believe she will be credited with the expansion of transit. The other potential legacy project would be the transformation of the Fairgrounds if the MLS chooses Nashville. 

1 person likes this