markhollin

LC SoBro, 11 stories/168 apts (Phase 1), 6 stories/432 apts, 3rd Ave. South & Ash

LC....are those the same folks with that great new development on Providence Parkway in Mt. Juliet? Their G.O.A.T. bar and grill is fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ If their Germantown development is any indicator---which will be mostly brick---they don't skimp on their exteriors (see the renderings below).  Even if this SoBro piece should end up a blend of brick/limestone and  stucco like the Aertson, I think it could look fine.  

That's good to know. My primary concern with the use of stucco on this proposed design is that facade depth and facade separation would be lost without the use of a stone or brick cladding component. It might not seem like much, but the shadow lines created by various reveals, brick courses, etc. go a long way. The elevation that's been provided reminds me a lot of a development soon to start permitting here in San Antonio (sorry for posting a non-related rendering). Limestone and D'Hanis brick are the primary facade elements. If any of you are aware of the Pearl Brewery redevelopment (RioPerla/Silver Ventures), then you know they have very, very deep pockets. This rendering doesn't show the decorative parapets, but they're very similar to those proposed for LC's SoBro project. 

pearl-broadway-apartments-rendering2.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nashwatcher said:

https://res.cloudinary.com/cslistings/image/upload/t_cs_attachment/v1/s3/cdx.xceligent.com/Attachments/369/9031369

3.5 acres across the street is for sale as well. Maybe Lifestyle Communities will buy and make it a solid 2500 apartments in this area!

Not for 23 million.

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Not for 23 million.

That's 150/ft. Prices are pretty close to this now, especially for a large tract that a developer can do a lot with...

Hopefully whoever buys it puts in a cool mixed use development on the lots that adds to the area. There will be plenty of apartment goers next door to sell to with all of LC's neighboring development