markhollin

LC SoBro, 7 stories/432 apts, 3rd Ave. South & Ash (Phase I), 10 stories/168 apts. (Phase II)

Looks like a 2nd crane is about to be installed.  I could not figure out where the crane base will be, though. Kept getting shooed-away by security when trying to get answers.

Two trucks lining up with crane parts on 3rd Ave. South:

LC SoBro, Feb 24, 2019, 1.jpg

Up to 6th story on SW side of project. Looking NW from intersection of 2nd Ave. South and Ash St:

LC SoBro, Feb 24, 2019, 2.jpg

Up to 4th floor on NW side of project. Looking SE from intersection of 3rd AVe. South and Elm St:

LC SoBro, Feb 24, 2019, 3.jpg

Up to 4th floor on SW side of project.  Looking NE from intersection of 3rd Ave. South and Ash St:

LC SoBro, Feb 24, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it reasonable to assume it could be going up for a Phase 2? I'm not familiar with this project and how it's oriented: I do know they proposed an 11-story second phase (across 3rd Avenue). So were the trucks located near the second phase. 

6 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Is it reasonable to assume it could be going up for a Phase 2? I'm not familiar with this project and how it's oriented: I do know they proposed an 11-story second phase (across 3rd Avenue). So were the trucks located near the second phase. 

They are right next to it, but there was no evidence of them starting on the 10 story phase yet.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Last I walked past it the area where the 11 story one will go is being used as a staging area. It’s primarily stored supplies and trailer-offices. It’s been a little while since I walked past though, they could have cleaned it up. 

The new crane is up and operation on west side of the campus, on 3rd Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Ash St:

Looking south from intersection of 3rd Ave. South and Elm St:

LC SoBro, Feb 28, 2018.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2019 at 8:51 AM, nashwatcher said:

I think that's the land the Convention Center bought for the future downtown transit hub

You would think that with all the time I spend on UP I would know what you're talking about... but I don't.  The Convention Center is putting in a transit hub?

15 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

You would think that with all the time I spend on UP I would know what you're talking about... but I don't.  The Convention Center is putting in a transit hub?

I believe this was actually part of Mayor Barry's Transit Plan, but isnt this where the light rail was going to transition down into the downtown tunnel? Convention Center was going to buy the land and then essentially hand it over to the city when it came time for the "transit hub" (one of the many proposed in the plan) to be constructed. I may be misunderstanding the term a little bit though.

image.thumb.png.86e6d1ad823320c09eed92bf0e3d3b2e.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My favorite project in the core currently. Followed by stockyards, followed by embassy suites/one hotel.

• Like 1

I’m excited to see what they do with their taller apartment building next door. Anybody heard if they’re planning to break ground after this one is complete?