San Antonio Photo of the Days

KJHburg

Here are some photos I shot today mainly Museum Reach of the Riverwalk and some of downtown high rises. Everyone is now putting their names on the office towers. BBVA Compass, USAA etc.  I guess they want people to know they are committed to downtown.  First set is the Pearl area. 

DSCN0784.JPG

DSCN0785.JPG

DSCN0787.JPG

DSCN0791.JPG

DSCN0792.JPG

DSCN0793.JPG

DSCN0794.JPG

DSCN0795.JPG

DSCN0796.JPG

More along San Antonio Riverwalk Museum Reach north of downtown. Lots of new apartment complexes, new Tobin Center for the Arts. coming soon the redevelopment with a new facade of the AT&T Buildings on McCullough. 

DSCN0799.JPG

DSCN0800.JPG

DSCN0801.JPG

DSCN0802.JPG

DSCN0803.JPG

DSCN0806.JPG

DSCN0807.JPG

DSCN0809.JPG

DSCN0810.JPG

DSCN0821.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King William neighborhood and Southtown. This is area is booming with new apartments and with the Lone Star brewery project underway it will get better and better. first photo is the Lone Star brewery project they have started some demo and some other work. 

DSCN0905.JPG

DSCN0906.JPG

DSCN0907.JPG

DSCN0908.JPG

DSCN0911.JPG

DSCN0912.JPG

DSCN0913.JPG

DSCN0914.JPG

DSCN0915.JPG

Some of the King William homes. 

DSCN0919.JPG

DSCN0920.JPG

DSCN0921.JPG

DSCN0925.JPG

DSCN0931.JPG

Excellent updates!  San Antonio is definitely one of the most unique cities in the U.S. due to it's history and historical look.  It's on par with New Orleans and Charleston in that regard.  San Antonio is a boom town and is only lacking in shiny new skyscrapers a la Austin/Dallas/Houston largely by the city's choice.  With that said, the Frost tower will be a nice addition to the skyline.  I'm also way behind in updating the project threads for San Antonio.

The Emily Morgan building has always been one of my favorite buildings anywhere:    

DSCN0836.thumb.JPG.970495b0d8a16a82279e8

San Antonio is special for sure for they really don't tear anything down and their downtown has such great pedestrian scale. That being said they need some new high rises like the Frost Bank tower but the whole area surrounding downtown is growing with new residents which is a very good thing. It still amazes me to see so much vacant land near the Riverwalk north section in Charlotte or Austin that would be developed already. The move back to the city was slower in SA than other cities but it is finally happening now and it is good to see. Downtown SA should be everyone just not tourists but for residents office workers etc. 

Archived