Tapestry at The Printing House (Hilton brand), 11 stories, 181 rooms, 3rd South & Peabody

markhollin

24 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I love all the development, but I'm not sure I love that this district is becoming more or less comprised 100% of generic looking ten-ish story hotels mixed in with a couple equally generic looking apartment blocks... and YES it's better than what is there now... but I'm still not sure this will make for much of a neighborhood.  

You and I agree.  Not liking the way SofKVB is headed.  An all-hotel district does not make a very good neighborhood unless each one has a variety of retail components attached.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

You would THINK that's about enough in terms of hotels, and more residential/office will fill in the rest of the parcels making the streets more active (there are still quite a few parcels to be developed all the way to the interstate loop...)

Let's hope.  I'm also hopeful that the MCC will eventually re-do their KVB side and open it to retail...and that some of these hotels will be smart enough to have siadwalk-facing bars / restaurants to provide services to residents in the area.

• Like 2

I actually like this one. It has some nice features. Just hoping it isn't stucco. Dang Nashville is turning into a hotelier's dream city! I hope the city looks into recruiting at the big hotel schools - there isn't enough local talent to fill the positions at all these hotels.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2017 at 5:02 PM, memphian said:

I actually like this one. It has some nice features. Just hoping it isn't stucco. Dang Nashville is turning into a hotelier's dream city! I hope the city looks into recruiting at the big hotel schools - there isn't enough local talent to fill the positions at all these hotels.

Nashville just needs to land some of the big boys (Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, Crowne Plaza, Hyatt Regency, etc.).

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 7:13 PM, urbanplanet17 said:

Nashville just needs to land some of the big boys (Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, Crowne Plaza, Hyatt Regency, etc.).

Four Seasons, Ritz are doable. Keep on dreaming: Rosewood, Fairmont, Mandarin Oriental...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was deferred today. I will guess the reason could be they have to go in front of the Downtown Code to get  a height variance. I was not at the meeting but this is just a guess. If they get the height, they will then have to go back in front of MDHA. The site is zoned for 8 under the DT Code and they are wanting 11.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2017 at 1:21 PM, smeagolsfree said:

This was deferred today. I will guess the reason could be they have to go in front of the Downtown Code to get  a height variance. I was not at the meeting but this is just a guess. If they get the height, they will then have to go back in front of MDHA. The site is zoned for 8 under the DT Code and they are wanting 11.

Why should there be height limits in the downtown of a city....stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...