Learning from Other Places

I've been to roughly 20 of the existing MLB stadiums that are around today. For me personally, my top 3 are Petco Park (San Diego), AT&T Park (San Francisco) and PNC Park (Pittsburgh). AT&T is my favorite. Hard to beat McCovey Cove behind right field. Especially during the day... Fun fact though. It's the only ballpark in the US that you'll need a jacket for in July lol. Haven't been to the new Braves stadium yet though, but based on everything I've heard and seen here, it won't enter the top 5 chat.  

Boo. Pox on Dodgers. :stop: Good place to get beaten up walking through a huge parking lot and/or watch a team purchase a championship. As a former Rockies fan I'm required to hate the Dodgers! (Arenado trade made me convert back to my childhood team the Mets)

How about this on one of large parking garages  (Legacy Mega deck I am thinking of you)  a climbing wall like this one in downtown Chattanooga. And uptown Charlotte has plenty of other candidates for outside climbing wall on the side of a parking garage/     an attraction to attract visitors, unique in urban setting and business for the parking garage. 

High Point Climbing and Fitness: Chattanooga

IMG_5209.JPG

IMG_5210.JPG

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

How about this on one of large parking garages  (Legacy Mega deck I am thinking of you)  a climbing wall like this one in downtown Chattanooga. And uptown Charlotte has plenty of other candidates for outside climbing wall on the side of a parking garage/     an attraction to attract visitors, unique in urban setting and business for the parking garage. 

High Point Climbing and Fitness: Chattanooga

Asheville got you too. 40 Wall St - Google Maps

• Like 2

Hey KJH,

They are both under construction and fully financed and a new one announced this week. You are 100% right about infrastructure in Nashville as far as sidewalks, mass transit and the interstate system. It lacks woefully behind where it should be and the state I really think ignores Nashville for political reasons as well as far as roads and mass transit goes.

Metro finances need to be fixed and hopefully we will get a mayor that gets there act together at some point. As far as the street grid goes, it was laid out in the early 1800’s and the RR got in the way as well as the river. It is very quirky to say the least, but in some respects that can be a good thing.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Hey KJH,

They are both under construction and fully financed and a new one announced this week. You are 100% right about infrastructure in Nashville as far as sidewalks, mass transit and the interstate system. It lacks woefully behind where it should be and the state I really think ignores Nashville for political reasons as well as far as roads and mass transit goes.

Metro finances need to be fixed and hopefully we will get a mayor that gets there act together at some point. As far as the street grid goes, it was laid out in the early 1800’s and the RR got in the way as well as the river. It is very quirky to say the least, but in some respects that can be a good thing.

I must have missed them but you have so much construction going on in a concentrated area.  where are they in relation to the Amazon office tower a block over or something?  they are stunning. 

• Like 1

Aerial view of Cincinnati, OH.  Love the stock of older 3,4,5 story buildings.   Of course it would be curious to see how much of that housing/commercial stock is even utilized since the city as shrunk considerably since the 1950's.

Edited by rancenc
  • Like 2

Great pics of Cincinnati, Matthew. Brendan! I love this city actually. Feel like it flies under the radar and has some neat history (Union Terminal is beautiful). I used to frequent Cincy every few years and always love the charm. People were always very cool, too. Great sites on the river and catching a Reds game was always a treat. Also, the Great American tower is pretty sweet looking to boot! 

• Like 1

from our big neighbor down south the Atlanta.  a NJ developer is building a 31 story 455 unit affordable housing tower for teachers and seniors.   we could do this in Charlotte.  CharMeck owns the blocks by the Hal Marshall center and what better way to kick start development in that part of uptown than something like this.  

New Jersey developer RBH Group plans 31-story tower for Atlanta teachers - Atlanta Business Chronicle (bizjournals.com)

how they are financing this?  ""An Invest Atlanta committee recommended $4 million in Westside Tax Allocation District funding for the Teachers Village component of the project. The full board could approve the funding next week. The full board will also consider approving a $26 million tax-free loan to finance construction of the Teachers Village.""

This is a fantastic idea and would help with recruiting teachers and other school professionals. 

Teachers Village Chicago (rbhgrp.com)

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

from the ATL to the south a great renovation project that combines Bars and trains!  

Pullman Yards - Home

from the ATL Biz Chronicle

""Pratt Pullman District will see its first tenants open for business next month, including a full-service restaurant and mobile bars that can move throughout the development on railroad tracks. Serving craft beer, wine and cocktails, these will have the ability to move up and down the rail line and service different parts of the development, as needed. Eventually, more shipping container businesses will be added with various concepts, including food, art and light retail.  "The goal will be to constantly add to and shift the park so it doesn’t stay static for any long period of time," Rosenfelt said.  A team of "train and rail experts and welders" consulted on the unique design of the bars in order to perfect the structure and mobility capacity for the containers.""

Note to self:  Make sure I stop by this place on my next visit to the Atlanta. 

Many of you love light rail and craft beers why not combine the two? 

• Like 2