Sign in to follow this  
cajun

La. 1 bridge closure in Port Allen causing major problems for west side business, industry

La. 1 bridge closure in Port Allen causing major problems for west side business, industry

https://www.businessreport.com/business/la-1-bridge-closure-port-allen-causing-major-problems-west-side-business-industry-2

A new weight restriction that went into effect March 31 on the La. 1 Intracoastal Waterway Bridge in Port Allen is causing massive headaches for businesses and industries on the west side.

The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announced late in the afternoon on March 30 that it would begin restricting bridge traffic to vehicles weighing less than 25 tons the following day due to deficiencies uncovered during a recent routine inspection. 

“We started getting all sorts of calls Friday morning from companies that didn’t know what was going on,” says Jamie Hanks, executive director of the West Baton Rouge Chamber of Commerce. “They were asking us why the police were blocking off the road and preventing their trucks from crossing.”

Edited by cajun

I wonder if this was a scheme to hold the bridge as ransom for the tax to get passed?

• Like 1

Anything is possible in these "Cartoon days" .... but Not sure they're that sharp....just asleep at the wheel as usual :whistling:

On 4/7/2017 at 2:09 PM, dan326 said:

I wonder if this was a scheme to hold the bridge as ransom for the tax to get passed?

COPY /PASTED from Transportation thread...

Hard not to be negative sometimes..but that is ridiculous!  Seems the norm for Louisiana; always late to the party.  Retro-active instead of Pro-active

And we are wanting/needing a 2nd (New) Bridge for the Intracoastal Waterway ...when One is not even being properly maintained!

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 3:09 PM, dan326 said:

Nothing surprises me anymore about Louisiana's leadership. 

That being said, this is most easily explained by garden variety incompetence.  

Edited by cajun
  • Like 2

^

^^

^^^

Literally LOL! Well I was just putting an idea out there for y'all's consideration.

Yup Richy and Cajun, they say the simplest answer is often the correct one.

• Like 1