Eastern North Carolina Development

rancenc

• 3 weeks later...

10 hours ago, Merthecat said:

Construction has broken ground on a new 8-story Hilton Garden Inn in Greenville, which will be the tallest building in Uptown when completed in 2023:

http://www.piratemedia1.com/theeastcarolinian/article_94fe4a32-83ba-11ec-b2fa-c300fc50dd33.html

Greenville is due some height/density around uptown and ECU. For a long time it was massive multi-building apartment complexes with surface parking sprinkled arourd town. Then large apartment buildings with structured parking nearer to uptown/ECU. Now it needs to transition to mid-rise mixed use buildings with structured parking in the uptown/ECU core. One could dream for a true high-rise in the future too.

Edited by carolinaboy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, carolinaboy said:

Greenville is due some height/density around uptown and ECU. For a long time it was massive multi-building apartment complexes with surface parking sprinkled arourd town. Then large apartment buildings with structured parking nearer to uptown/ECU. Now it needs to transition to mid-rise mixed use buildings with structured parking in the uptown/ECU core. One could dream for a true high-rise in the future too.

I think this building is about as tall as we'll get for some time.  With the location of the airport just across the river it seems impractical that Greenville will ever see buildings much higher than this or some of the existing dorms at ECU.

10 hours ago, Merthecat said:

I think this building is about as tall as we'll get for some time.  With the location of the airport just across the river it seems impractical that Greenville will ever see buildings much higher than this or some of the existing dorms at ECU.

What gets me is the skylines of several cities with populations a little more or less than Greenville's are so impressive and Greenville's is not. I've always wondered why there was no real demand for more taller buildings outside of ECU's few dorms. Here are some cities that have nice skylines:

Roanoke, VA (100,011)

Wilmington, DE (70,898)

Asheville, NC (94,589)

Greenville, SC (70,720)

Youngstown, OH

For comparison: Greenville, NC (94,822)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, carolinaboy said:

Speaking of Greenville.

Intersect East

Yeah, it's an exciting project.  They have construction fencing up around the site and I believe the first phase is underway, which involves renovating three historic warehouses.  It's one of the first things you see heading into town on the 10th Street bridge so this will make quite an impact.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 9:22 PM, rancenc said:

Kitty Hawk is in Dare County. Pasquotank County owns the land. Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, and Rodanthe. Dare has the best town names in the state. Kitty Hawk is my fav.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...