Sign in to follow this  
KJHburg

Asheville Photo of the Day

Couple of photos I shot of downtown Asheville today. So many great older buildings downtown and now some newer ones. I will start this thread off with some downtown shots. And since most everyone makes a visit to Asheville there should be new pictures all the time. And if you dont visit Asheville why not? 

DSCN1379.JPG

DSCN1384.JPG

DSCN1385.JPG

DSCN1388.JPG

DSCN1390.JPG

DSCN1391.JPG

DSCN1393.JPG

DSCN1396.JPG

DSCN1397.JPG

DSCN1407.JPG

DSCN1414.JPG

DSCN1420.JPG

DSCN1422.JPG

DSCN1431.JPG

DSCN1432.JPG

DSCN1433.JPG

DSCN1437.JPG

DSCN1438.JPG

• Like 2

New Belgium Brewery and tour. If you have not done their free tour book one soon. Not only are there 3 bars along the tour for free samples it is fun. See the slide! Right along the French Broad River and great deck along the river. 

DSCN1345.JPG

DSCN1346.JPG

DSCN1349.JPG

DSCN1350.JPG

DSCN1352.JPG

DSCN1353.JPG

DSCN1355.JPG

DSCN1357.JPG

DSCN1359.JPG

DSCN1364.JPG

DSCN1363.JPG

DSCN1366.JPG

DSCN1368.JPG

DSCN1372.JPG

DSCN1373.JPG

DSCN1378.JPG

• Like 1

Wish Asheville had an arena so the city could host tournaments.  IMO this is the one of the most under rated cities on the eastern seaboard.  Wilmington is the other.

• Like 2

Wonderful updated pictures of Asheville, especially in the downtown!! As usual KJHburg, your photos/statements of development throughout the state is appreciated.......Greenville NC must be on your next trip.  I am reading about a lot of development on citydata.com in that neck of the woods!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rancenc said:

Wonderful updated pictures of Asheville, especially in the downtown!! As usual KJHburg, your photos/statements of development throughout the state is appreciated.......Greenville NC must be on your next trip.  I am reading about a lot of development on citydata.com in that neck of the woods!!

I will be there in June to visit my alma mater and friends in town. Last summer when I went I was blown away at all the apartments and multifamily built. ECU has almost doubled in size since I graduated from there and yet no new university owned housing. It was unbelievable. 

Asheville is one of my favorite cities in the state and it is booming in every direction and especially downtown and intown. 

This is really a City you don't want to boom too much or it'll kill off everything that is nice about it. Blight by deep pocketed thoughtless development is a thing. If too many more Suburbans and Escalades keep showing up, I'm making Knoxville my go-to Appalachian CIty (I realize Knox is downhill a bit...). Granted so far so good (mostly) in Asheville, but Industrial scale tourism has ruined a lot of good things (Arches, Acadia, Yellowstone...)

Edited by Jones_

Asheville has one of the best downtown areas in the south.  From today lots of interesting buildings both historic and new.  If you have not visited lately you need to quick.  One indoor shot of the Grove Arcade which I did not know was built to have a 14 story building built on top.    Sorry for all the photos but I can't help it I love Asheville. 

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

Some skyline shots from above today.  

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

• Like 3

This billboard cracks me up.  First Nashville had their HOT chicken now Asheville.  and the slogan! And I hear it is  really good. 

IMG_0984.JPG

• Like 1