Asheville Photo of the Day

KJHburg

Wonderful updated pictures of Asheville, especially in the downtown!! As usual KJHburg, your photos/statements of development throughout the state is appreciated.......Greenville NC must be on your next trip.  I am reading about a lot of development on citydata.com in that neck of the woods!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rancenc said:

Wonderful updated pictures of Asheville, especially in the downtown!! As usual KJHburg, your photos/statements of development throughout the state is appreciated.......Greenville NC must be on your next trip.  I am reading about a lot of development on citydata.com in that neck of the woods!!

I will be there in June to visit my alma mater and friends in town. Last summer when I went I was blown away at all the apartments and multifamily built. ECU has almost doubled in size since I graduated from there and yet no new university owned housing. It was unbelievable. 

Asheville is one of my favorite cities in the state and it is booming in every direction and especially downtown and intown. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is really a City you don't want to boom too much or it'll kill off everything that is nice about it. Blight by deep pocketed thoughtless development is a thing. If too many more Suburbans and Escalades keep showing up, I'm making Knoxville my go-to Appalachian CIty (I realize Knox is downhill a bit...). Granted so far so good (mostly) in Asheville, but Industrial scale tourism has ruined a lot of good things (Arches, Acadia, Yellowstone...)

Edited by Jones_

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another reason to love Asheville this tree house north of town in Woodfin as an Airbnb rental.  http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2017/12/26/buncombe-county-treehouse-seen-hgtv-stakes-claim-novelty-lodging-market/960811001/

and Asheville is rated one of the coolest cities on earth to visit in 2018  http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2017/12/27/forbes-asheville-among-15-coolest-places-go-2018/983826001/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Various downtown shots of Asheville today including the new Cambria Suites across from the Grove Arcade. 

/2 . City Hall and County Courthouse  3. Jackson Bldg on Pack Square 4. Flatiron Building  5. Inside the Grove Arcade  6. Cambria Suites and the Hemingway restaurant patio 7. Grove Arcade 

ash1.jpg

ash2.jpg

ash3jackson.jpg

ash4.jpg

ash5.jpg

ash6.jpg

ash7.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...