Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

Just now, Scribe said:

Doesn't the "bell tower" mean this thing is topped out?

Sure does. Topping out ceremony is March 16th. and its  Campanile, they too fancy for "bell tower"

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^^^ Please refer all the above examples to Greystar and their Ascent tower where this was supposed to be done with vines to cover their podium garage. 

Yep, sure did look good on their renders lol...too bad it didn't turn out that way.  But I guess not the first or last time something has not turned out per renders or was value-endgineered out..i think it has unfortunately become common with developments in Uptown..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, sure did look good on their renders lol...too bad it didn't turn out that way.  But I guess not the first or last time something has not turned out per renders or was value-endgineered out..i think it has unfortunately become common with developments in Uptown..

Wouldn’t call it value engineering, I’d blame climate and the amount of TLC a living wall needs at the beginning and throughout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Wouldn’t call it value engineering, I’d blame climate and the amount of TLC a living wall needs at the beginning and throughout

I didn't mean specifically value-engineering in this case, that was speaking in general about projects in Uptown not turning out how they look in renderings(i understand it is a rendering but sometimes it's just way off lol) or certain aspects in fact being value-engineered.  Hope all is good in NYC RD! I'll be up there in a few months for a car show.  

Edited by NikolaTesla

2 minutes ago, NikolaTesla said:

I didn't mean specifically value-engineering in this case, that was speaking in general about projects in Uptown not turning out how they look in renderings(i understand it is a rendering but sometimes it's just way off lol) or certain aspects in fact being value-engineered.  Hope all is good in NYC RD! I'll be up there in a few months for a car show.  

Very true. The renderings come first, then pricing out the building, I think whats usually missed is value engineering the rendering after the pricing came back higher than expected. What car show?? sounds awesome!

16 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Very true. The renderings come first, then pricing out the building, I think whats usually missed is value engineering the rendering after the pricing came back higher than expected. What car show?? sounds awesome!

That's interesting, i didn't think about that perspective.  NYIAS! It's a ton of fun. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NikolaTesla said:

That's interesting, i didn't think about that perspective.  NYIAS! It's a ton of fun. 

I went years ago, maybe I'll check it out again this year.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:46 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Now the lack of TLC I understand (I wouldn't be surprised if dependable grounds care is the first thing to get reduced if anyone's micromanaging money), but I don't think I get the climate part? It's true Charlotte is in the zone of deciduous plants and winter freezes, but our precip is never absent in a normal year (dry autumns are a half-exception, we sure didn't have one in '18) and plenty of evergreen vines and groundcovers exist. I'd chalk this one solely up to the property overseers dropping the ball.

As for this building, I just hope those red awnings and *some* veneer of stonelike material make it to the final product. The potential here is palpable.