Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

I would welcome that! It would stand to reason other developers would walk a tighter rope when using the cheap stuff. Especially when seeing that there are financial penalties involved with irresponsible installation.

Edited by A2.

4 minutes ago, A2. said:

I would welcome that! It would stand to reason other developers would walk a tighter rope when using the cheap stuff. Especially when seeing that their are financial penalties involved with irresponsible installation.

I believe new UDO regulations will prevent full wall to wall EIFS. I know the recent TOD capped EIF usage under 30%. This tower is 100% from what I can tell.

Edited by Guest

Eh, I don't mind "value engineering" too much if it's done well. Like on the new BOAT, as much crap as that tower gets, nobody is gonna be any wiser that the slate and granite panels are half an inch thick on concrete because it's done well. The only reason old buildings didn't do it this way is because they didn't know how. If you want to see how they did it in the old days, look at the Jones Federal Courthouse construction and the facade mock-up they have on the front lawn parking lot. That's the opposite of VE, but it's also federal money, now I see why everyone is so eager to get some of that dumped into CATS' wallet.

Advanced issues found

23 hours ago, KJHburg said:

KJ can confirm clean up of styrofoam is happening saw this guy today along 4th St.  check out the last photo.  

IMG_0503.JPG

They're out there every few days cleaning up, but leave half of it there when they do, so doing a really half assed job, not to mention the styrofoam is all the way to 9th Street....

Contact your city council members and let them know about it, they're just not doing enough to try and clean it up and the folks at both the city and county say that their hands are tied other than asking them to clean up.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, CLT> said:

They're out there every few days cleaning up, but leave half of it there when they do, so doing a really half assed job, not to mention the styrofoam is all the way to 9th Street....

Contact your city council members and let them know about it, they're just not doing enough to try and clean it up and the folks at both the city and county say that their hands are tied other than asking them to clean up.

Or, Storm Water. I have a couple of times. Those little pieces end up in the creeks, rivers and eventually ocean.

7 minutes ago, Windsurfer said:

Or, Storm Water. I have a couple of times. Those little pieces end up in the creeks, rivers and eventually ocean.

I hate that but it was like snow down here on Stonewall when Crescent was building SS and whole foods.   They need to crack down on this. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...