ricky_davis_fan_21

Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

3 minutes ago, jednc said:

I like the look...but, I'm uneducated in proper architecture.

no, you're right, its really nice. I'll be interested to see how the elevation continues at the top accross the trade street frontage. That will make or break the design, IMHO.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm guessing it'll be stone veneer. 

This building is already better than observer. This should be transformative for Charlotte! :)

• Like 2

LOVE IT! The red awnings look great. Warm, inviting, makes the whole building interact with the street well. 

As I count floors there there may be a 15th if there is no 13th. Which is quite possible.

Edited by tarhoosier

Like it...except for that cupola or whatever you call it on the top.  Take that off and it's pretty sweet.  I'll take it though...

Looks awesome, definitely excited about this project!  From walking around that area yesterday, visualizing things...I know why they chose to build on the pocket park, instead of the lot behind it.  The lot behind the little park is literally surrounded by 3 parking decks.  Probably not the most desirable spot for a GB.  Being along Trade and Church will definitely activate that area even more.  Will have a nice row of hotels on Trade too (Ritz, Omni, Updated Marriott, and the Grand Bohemian).  Below is the lot behind the pocket park.

Grand.thumb.png.14489d7829d44f1de914ec38a1378d55.png

• Like 4

Wow that is a nice looking building! I like that it's not too modern like most of Charlotte's architecture.

Edited by norm21499
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Force Sleeps said:

Any word on when they'll break ground?

Groundbreaking is scheduled for Q4.

Edited by NCMike1990

2 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

Groundbreaking is scheduled for Q4.

September is what they are saying, but yeah Q4 is probably more likely. 

Edited by Jayvee

It reminds me of one of my favorite buildings, the Reliance Building in Chicago, which is now, not surprisingly a boutique hotel.

The view looking down Trade Street holds promise that the rest of the street will be developed as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phillydog said:

campanile

That's what it's called...thanks!  Actually the only part I don't like but I appear to be the only one.

On 4/14/2017 at 9:11 AM, JBS said:

That's what it's called...thanks!  Actually the only part I don't like but I appear to be the only one.

Nah. I'm not a huge fan. Mostly because if you google "campanile" you'll see what it actually means and how that compares to what they're proposing.

But in general, I'll take their faux campanile and the rest of the architecture. It's not mind blowing, but based on what I can see I like it. It looks like a solid infill building.