Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

7 minutes ago, dubone said:

So just less than 1/2 the height of Carillon. 

basically. its great density, but you'll be hard pressed to see it from anywhere but nearby.  129 West Trade is about 40 feet taller. There won't be many angles where this is visible in the skyline. Basically it'll look like below from Bearden Park.

image.thumb.png.9bb49f54f96ffc105ab0f8dc460445f9.png

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 1:35 AM, NcSc74 said:

You know whats crazy is if you take interstate tower and put in any other NC city it would be the most interesting building in the skyline but in Charlotte is gets overlooked...Love the infill this otel will give.  It will help the urban feel surrounding it.

Which building is the 'Interstate Tower'?

1 hour ago, SgtCampsalot said:

The one with the green spaceship on top :tw_mrgreen:

I think The City Club private restaurant is up there, no?

Yes the City Club is up there and it is beautiful.  a friend had a wedding reception up there and it was amazing and the views in that ballroom are great.    That tower was designed by Kohn Pederson Fox out of NY City 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 1:35 AM, NcSc74 said:

You know whats crazy is if you take interstate tower and put in any other NC city it would be the most interesting building in the skyline but in Charlotte is gets overlooked...Love the infill this otel will give.  It will help the urban feel surrounding it.

Any other NC city?

I've spent a lot of time in Miami and there ain't a building in the 305 I'd take over Interstate.    Nashville?  Lulz.  Tampa.  Lulz^2. N'arlins? Udachi, Comrade.

Atlanta has a lot of beautiful buildings (One Atlantic Center anyone?  RIP Legacy Funyon), but so does Charlotte, and on specific style (I know jack bleep about architecture from a formal perspective, so forgive me if I'm lumping styles together that don't belong) I'd take Interstate over anything in the South except OAC.  

I rag on Funyon because it's such a garbage tower in what has become an otherwise eclectic skyline, with a motley crew of old and new and lots of fun contrast up against a crap brown concrete crap tower. crap.

Edited by Tyrone Wiggum
I can typing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Why so?

If I had any faith in Charlotte buildings turning out like their renderings, I'd probably like ours better. Until its built, and they prove it to me, I think Orlando's Grand Bohemian turned out awesome.