Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

Hopefully we can get it over 200 feet with that campanile 

I don't think it'll cross 200. I think the campanile is what brings it to 196. Hotels a lot of times have bulkheads which brings the average floor height down considerably. I've stayed in 4 bohemians, all had bulkhead AC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Quick favor to ask of RDF or someone with knowledge of tower floor heights.  Based how tall the Carillon is, and a standard average floor height, can you give an estimate as to what floor on the Carillon the Bohemian will come up to?  Thanks in advance!

12-14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

What happens to the sculpture currently in the park?

The property line for the Carillon encompasses a good 1/3 of that park. Only .5 acre of that park (2/3 of the park) will be used for Grand Bohemian.595d59467d2d8_ScreenShot2017-07-05at5_25_05PM.thumb.png.7ea90fe73a51733d9d2cb72fec3969d6.png

Edited by Guest

52 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

So that other quarter-block surface lot is owned by another entity, and is ripe for redevelopment?

Owned by First Citizens Bank

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmmmmm....16 stories of EIFS.... my enthusiasm is slightly more muted, though I assume they can still make it appear attractive...

186' to top of the cornice on the front copula thingy...for comparison, 129 W Trade concrete office building across Church is 229'.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Of course Charlotte will gladly remove green space to build this. Space is so tight with no available empty lots, I get it. :(

That little green space is uninviting, Corporate and bland. The cemetery,4th and Romare aren't far off. Plus the church's provide some green also. In addition to 4th Ward being overall lush and green. 

Good riddance to it. Trade Streer deserves density anyway.

• Like 2

But EIFS on a luxury hotel? Come on man

EIFS has turned out nicely a few times uptown. The details will make or break this building. If the pillasters look "stuck on" and they value engineer out the gilt details, go beige instead of white, this project will resemble a big pile of poo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...