Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

Curious to why the orientation of that ‘L’ shape of the building is that way. You would think they would have wanted that open space fronting Trade and Church for the views. As it’s set up currently pretty hemed in.

Agree my opinion has been elevated by these, but for me this will entirely come down to the materials used.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know what will happen to the sculpture? Relocated? Sold for scrap metal?

Will still be there. The sculpture is on the carillons property. I’m sure they are taking it down precautionarily

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 12/7/2017 at 1:32 PM, navigator319 said:

Curious to why the orientation of that ‘L’ shape of the building is that way. You would think they would have wanted that open space fronting Trade and Church for the views. As it’s set up currently pretty hemed in.

Agree my opinion has been elevated by these, but for me this will entirely come down to the materials used.

If I had to throw my hat in the ring here, I would say it's probably to keep the Trade Street frontage more inviting with retail or restaurants rather than a busy pick up and drop off area. And on a traffic note, putting the car entrance on Church forces right turns only to enter and exit, making for much better traffic flow, Imagine someone trying to make a left onto Trade during rush hour. Maybe putting too much thought into it, but I would rather see the drop off area on Church, if anything it will bring some activity to an otherwise dead block. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 10:05 AM, Jayvee said:

B9CAB66C-1702-405C-B37C-5A84C61CD981.jpeg

5E7F641A-0A53-486C-9CE9-28DC6EBA4506.jpeg

Honestly, this design for that green space will make it much more inviting than the current configuration. I feel like more people will actually use it. The only downside is that it's not going to get  much  direct light due to the buildings around it.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but Charlotte Observer reported last Thursday that Grand Bohemian breaking ground next month per the developer.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article194200999.html

Yeah I forgot to post that here. So the site work is underway and staging. They'll do an official ground breaking next month and HOPEFULLY wrap up late 2019

18 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Yeah I forgot to post that here. So the site work is underway and staging. They'll do an official ground breaking next month and HOPEFULLY wrap up late 2019

where in the world are they going to stage for this site?