Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

4 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Does CLT have an official city bird? If not, I nominate the majestic crane.

Seattle absolutely puts every other city not named New York to shame in crane-count. That aside, I’d never take our level of activity for granted. I hope we can perpetually have the construction of a high rise underway in Uptown for at least the next decade. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hunted said:

Seattle absolutely puts every other city not named New York to shame in crane-count. That aside, I’d never take our level of activity for granted. I hope we can perpetually have the construction of a high rise underway in Uptown for at least the next decade. 

And Shenzhen China puts Seattle to shame...I wasn't saying Seattle doesn't have cranes. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jayvee said:

I do not want to hear any more whining about the loss of "green space" for this project

Untitled.jpg

too bad because you're going to.  this illustration just demonstrates even further how ridiculous the astroturf is.  somehow they can manage natural planting areas adjacent to the astroturf soccer field they're installing?  sorry, but just because the carpet is the color green doesn't mean you get to call it "green" space.  

Edited by BullDurhamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

how are they getting away with this?  this is a complete and utter unnecessary abomination.   i GUARANTEE this crap will get ripped out in favor of something natural down the road and people will be shocked it was installed in the first place.  it's like when you look at interstates being built in the city and such.  when it's 110 degrees on average in the summer you can thank brilliant forward thinking ideas like these for that.  

some cities are forcing developers to include actual green roofs and such in other cities.  charlotte seems to be making up for that and actually faking green space.  this is truly mind boggling, and i also find it odd that this site for so called urbanists doesn't seem to have much interest in protecting the quality of life of those actually dwelling in these urban environments. 

Edited by BullDurhamer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BullDurhamer said:

how are they getting away with this?  this is a complete and utter unnecessary abomination.   i GUARANTEE this crap will get ripped out in favor of something natural down the road and people will be shocked it was installed in the first place.  it's like when you look at interstates being built in the city and such.  when it's 110 degrees on average in the summer you can thank brilliant forward thinking ideas like these for that.  

some cities are forcing developers to include actual green roofs and such in other cities.  charlotte seems to be making up for that and actually faking green space.  this is truly mind boggling, and i also find it odd that this site for so called urbanists doesn't seem to have much interest in protecting the quality of life of those actually dwelling in these urban environments. 

I think you are unnecessarily irate over synthetic grass. Its hardly an issue. Synthetic turf looks fine. Its extremely easy to rip out in the future, its not some monumental decision. Relax.   

• Thanks 1