Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

4 hours ago, DMann said:

I would love to see the Church and Fourth Street intersection closed for 2 years to build a massive underground parking deck and allow for residential construction to populate those 4 corners.

If I win the 1.7 billion ( $950 million cash option, $575 million post tax) I'll finance this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

If I win the 1.7 billion ( $950 million cash option, $575 million post tax) I'll finance this.

I bought $8 in lottery tickets for the first time in my life Friday.  I felt like a total moron immediately.  I will likely buy another ticket tomorrow.  Rinse and repeat.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/10/mega-millions-lottery-jackpot-ticket-odds.html

This article makes me feel better...it's actually reasonable to buy a ticket now!

Edited by JBS

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

^It is rising fast!  I forget the estimated completion date for this but it looks like it could possibly be finished by convention time.  Intercontinental on the other-hand, not so much.

Maybe it has to do with the contractor?  Intercontinental is using Cleavland something or other.  They the same who did the new AC atop Epicenter which was also painfully slow.  Maybe their pitch is 20% cheaper, but 30% slower.  IDK just saying.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I don't have experience with Cleveland Construction, but to be clear the Intercontinental is a much more complex project than Grand Bohemian. They have to work around existing century-old foundations, go much deeper with their foundations, and deal with very complex historic demolition and utility work. 

and its 2.5x taller than Bohemian

1 minute ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

927CAF80-AA58-48CB-966F-8FC611248DA4.jpeg

E873E905-7B26-4049-895F-F06401096F51.jpeg

5D7507FB-082C-43DB-AC47-69511E982F58.jpeg

D7E4052F-1209-47E2-94CC-6EA63997833D.jpeg

Its amazing that a building so large in person is going to be absolutely hidden in the Charlotte skyline. Its a great problem to have! Thanks everybody for the photos.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...