Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

16 minutes ago, a2theb said:

Noticed this morning that almost every storm drain and tree bed on Church from 4th to 6th has EIFS shavings littering it. I know its been mentioned that they attempt to clean it up but it would appear to be very half-assed 

Take pics and forward to Charlotte Storm water.  They like actual photos. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Windsurfer said:

Take pics and forward to Charlotte Storm water.  They like actual photos. 

Even better take pics and email to the at large city council members, and the Justin Harlow, the district rep. They're already aware of it but the more the merrier. 

https://charlottenc.gov/CityCouncil/Pages/default.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Synopsis101 said:

I like the original better.

In what way was the original better? Specifically when it comes to the Church St interaction.

I am glad they are getting this over with now, it will be very nice to have all that stretch of Church St have new life with the Bohemian and this remodel engaging the street!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Scribe said:

In what way was the original better? Specifically when it comes to the Church St interaction.

I am glad they are getting this over with now, it will be very nice to have all that stretch of Church St have new life with the Bohemian and this remodel engaging the street!

The glass makes it look soulless, imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I specifically pointed out that the -- longer -- stretch of Church St side of this building was horrendous at street level.

But looking at the render it looks like the windows for Kings Kitchen can slide away to have one large opening. Still think this is a win compared to what is/was there.

Dang.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article234925882.html

With a heat index of almost 100 degrees this week, why did snow flurries appear to be falling in a block of Church Street in uptown Charlotte?

Styrofoam flakes landed gently in the hair and face of pedestrians and on Reddit, people posted about the white stuff falling from the Grand Bohemian luxury hotel.

“Thought it was snowing in Uptown today,” a man wrote. “... Only to realize it was thousands of styrofoam particles from local construction. Gotta love when it lands all in your food and coffee!”