Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

23 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

That column on the left looks terrible, all mismatched segments and various colors.  And the two on the right don't even hit at the same spots at the top.  The one on the left has probably a 6" gap at the top while the one on the far right looks like it's making contact.  Oy vey...  I wanted to believe this was gonna turn out relatively nice and from afar maybe it's selling it, but up close... welp the devil is certainly in the details.

Maybe they're going for a very postmodern "we're purposely showing you this is all fake" thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Here is the Orlando Grand Bohemian today and it looked pretty good and clean looking to me.   This could be real stucco not the synthetic stuff I tried to knock on it but did not want to look too crazy.  The inside was a weird layout as I thought I was going in the main door but walked through a bar but they did have an art gallery and so artwork hanging everywhere.

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

This one is gorgeous 

1 hour ago, j-man said:

This one is gorgeous 

A friend of mine works the wedding reception/banquet side at the Orlando GB and they are all envious of what is coming to Charlotte.  Give it time and let them finish.  The details will make it.  I watched them build this one in the early 2000s.  It came together at the end - when it was labeled as a "WESTIN" Grand Bohemian.  

Edited by steve_o
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, steve_o said:

A friend of mine works the wedding reception/banquet side at the Orlando GB and they are all envious of what is coming to Charlotte.  Give it time and let them finish.  The details will make it.  I watched them build this one in the early 2000s.  It came together at the end - when it was labeled as a "WESTIN" Grand Bohemian.  

Do you think the one in Charlotte will be better? If so then that says a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve_o said:

In spite of the naysayers, I would think a brand like Grand Bohemian would want to ensure they build the most aesthetically impressive structure possible.  Thanks for your insights, Steve O.   And incidentally, it would be cool to see a Jackass movie filmed at the GB Charlotte.

• Like 2