Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

4 minutes ago, Yeahdoug said:

I wonder if that lot next to the church will ever be developed. They own it and like if for Sunday parking. 

I was hoping an office tower could go there but still leave room for parking for them. I really want those retail spaces in the next block over to be redeveloped. Don’t know the historical significance of them but  possibly they could build a slender development along that area.

5 minutes ago, j-man said:

I was hoping an office tower could go there but still leave room for parking for them. I really want those retail spaces in the next block over to be redeveloped. Don’t know the historical significance of them but  possibly they could build a slender development along that area.

I am betting that in the future they will get it developed much like with Sharon Presbyterian church where they have parking rights and maybe new space for themselves for classrooms etc wiht other mixed uses.  The developer to do it would be Childress Klein in my book with their experience at Apex Southpark but it maybe a few years off.  Dittos for the large parking lot First Baptist Church owns in 2nd Ward aka Brooklyn. 

• Like 3

The backside will look better when the letting goes up. “Grand Bohemian”. You can see the notches for the spacing. 

Little sad this is a pool less GB, but the event space will be nice. Orlando’s GB has a nice pool but then again, it’s Orlando weather lol.  Nonetheless, the mini park and rooftop amenities will be nice...this is a great addition. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

19 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

The backside will look better when the letting goes up. “Grand Bohemian”. You can see the notches for the spacing. 

Little sad this is a pool less GB, but the event space will be nice. Orlando’s GB has a nice pool but then again, it’s Orlando weather lol.  Nonetheless, the mini park and rooftop amenities will be nice...this is a great addition. 

To be honest. The back is one of the best of a building’s in all of uptown. Lol overall for the exterior I’d give this building a solid 8.5 maybe 9.

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, QCxpat said:

1627458973_hotel5.thumb.jpg.9a45a6d5ef0a3fb67da6db965df93c5e.jpg

My two quibbles with this building, which in general I like and think does add a good, dramatic element to West Trade, are the "campanile"--I have always, and still, think it's out of proportion and needs to be a few feet shorter--and I do not understand why the farthest right bay--on the ground floor only--is so narrow (or to get technical, "squooshed")--Unless it was a support pier that just couldn't be moved, I can't see why they didn't eliminate the penultimate right column and combine those two bays to create one large one, at the end, which would've balanced the entrance portal to the left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1