Grand Bohemian Hotel – 15 Floors – 254 Rooms – Boutique Hotel

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

shall I ask for the UrbanPlanet discounted rate??

When you do stay there, see if the elf if still asleep in the night stand.

On 3/19/2019 at 6:27 PM, SpiritOf76 said:

Politics aside...what of, what looks to me, a  sleeping elf in the non matching night stand ?

elf.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Those are some unflattering and unconvincing out of scale doric capitals.

I still think it looks pretty nice.   

Robert A.M. Stern's new buildings have authentic details, but these condos cost $6,000-$10,000 per square foot.   Therefore, those intricate, authentic details are cost prohibitive.  With cost limitations in mind, I think that the Grand Bohemian turned out great.

150-east-78th-street-04.jpg

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

Also, if you live in NYC you get to enjoy the splendor of the beautiful buildings (new and old, pinnacles of the craft) for free, even as a mere pleb.

Or here, you get to eyeball the GB and see it for what it is. It's nice from afar, but poke it with a stick - yep styrofoam cup with a thin coat of spackle. It's actually a pretty great mascot for Charlotte. Emblematic if you will. :)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I like the contrast between the Renaissance-style campanille and Carillion's Gothic-style crown.

and you have a more modernist one on Trademark too! Super cool.

4 minutes ago, wadesboro2 said:

I feel like there was a missed opportunity not having one of the restaurants open to the park with outdoor/patio seating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does. All of this is seating area, fed by the door on the left, with an outdoor bar on the right.

image.thumb.png.00282b8e1185aa8ec7ca6d1d28e19c23.png

image.thumb.png.ec4c78e22b87462bf24a9e1b4296dc7d.pngThis is the outdoor.

Edited by Guest

It does. All of this is seating area, fed by the door on the left, with an outdoor bar on the right.
image.thumb.png.00282b8e1185aa8ec7ca6d1d28e19c23.png
image.thumb.png.ec4c78e22b87462bf24a9e1b4296dc7d.pngThis is the outdoor.

Ok that’s awesome. It was hard to tell. I still wish it were more like a street cafe with indoor/outdoor seating. But the bar will be great.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wadesboro2 said:

Ok that’s awesome. It was hard to tell. I still wish it were more like a street cafe with indoor/outdoor seating. But the bar will be great.

Yea I was a little surprised to see all those steel service doors in the middle, but that is how the kitchen to the restaurant is oriented. There should be cafe chairs right on Trade.